Season 2; Chapter 11

Yleana sat on her bed and watched as Julia threw her things back into her suitcase. She was to be going back to her family in California that night but she didn't seem too happy about that. To be honest, Julia looked as though she was about to cry. Noticing this, Yleana got off her bed and crouched down beside Julia who was packing her suitcase on the floor.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yleana asked, looking worriedly at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Julia lied as she looked up at Yleana with a confused expression, "Why do you ask?"

"You don't look fine," Yleana said, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Julia, you-"

Yleana was cut off by rapping on her bedroom window. She looked over to see Henry with his fist to the glass. She sighed and got up then unlocked and opened the window for Henry to come in. He scrambled in and looked back at the window as though it were evil.

"Why was it locked?" he asked, looking angry.

"My mom said I have to lock my window at night now and I forgot to unlock it this morning," Yleana explained.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no," Henry complained, "Then I can't sneak in during the middle of the night and scare you."

"Maybe I should always keep the window locked then."

Without warning, Henry tackled Yleana causing them both to fall to the floor. She looked up at him wide-eyed as he was only a foot above her and this came out of nowhere.

"Keep the window unlocked," he told her then stood back up.

He put his hands on his hips then turned his attention to Julia who was still packing. It almost seemed as if she hadn't even noticed Henry come in because she simply hadn't acknowledged his presence.

"Hey Julia," Henry said with a nod.

Julia gave a short nod in response and started putting her socks in a compartment of her suitcase. Henry tilted his head a bit in confusion and looked at Yleana with a questioning look. Yleana shrugged unknowingly and sat up, cross-legged. She watched Julia pack for a bit until Henry spoke up.

"Are you good, bro?" he asked Julia.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine," she responded, giving him a weird look.

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm fine, I'm good, I'm okay, why do you guys not believe me?"

Yleana gave Henry a look saying 'drop it' right as he opened his mouth to respond. He closed his mouth and folded his arms. Yleana knew better than to bug Julia about what was wrong. She would tell when she wanted to and she obviously didn't want to at the time.

"So, anyway," Henry said slowly, clasping his hands together, "What time does your plane leave?"

"12 P.M." Julia responded.

She zipped her suitcase closed then stood up. Yleana's eyebrows furrowed. It was 11:23 A.M. She thought she had more time with her cousin before she had to leave.

"Well... let's get you to the airport then," Henry said.

Julia nodded in agreement and the three walked out of Yleana's room and down the stairs. Mrs. Mower was waiting by the front door, keys in her hands.

"You ready?" she asked Julia.

Julia nodded and the four walked outside and got into the car. They drove to the airport and Mrs. Mower parked the car. Julia, Yleana, and Henry went to get out of the car but Mrs. Mower stopped them.

"Before you go," she said, turning to Julia, "We're gonna miss you. All of us. Even Josh and Cameron though they played video games the whole time you were staying with us. I know how things can get over there at your house and if you ever need..."

She exhaled a deep breath then reached into her pocket for something. She pulled out what looked like a plane ticket and handed it to Julia who looked at it with a confused expression seeing as she already had her plane ticket to go back home.

"It's a plane ticket to come back here," Mrs. Mower explained, "And there's no date on it or anything so just whenever you want to come back here, head on back. We'll be glad to see you."

A smile spread on Julia's lips. She reached over and gave her aunt a hug then got out of the car, Yleana and Henry following in suit. They made their way to the area where people were handing their tickets to an airport worker and boarding the plane.

"Well, here you are," Yleana said, staring at the plane.

"Yup," Julia said. She turned to face Yleana and said, "I'm gonna miss you," she then turned to Henry, "And you as well even though I barely know you."

Henry chuckled, "I'll miss you too."

Julia sighed then put her arms around Yleana in a hug who hugged her right back tightly. They let go and Julia turned to Henry. She hesitated for a moment then stuck her hand out for a handshake. Henry shook his head then went to give her a hug but she took a few steps back so he couldn't hug her. Yleana raised an eyebrow in confusion at Julia.

"My flight is leaving, I gotta go," Julia said quickly.

She turned around and started boarding the plane then turned back around to face them. They waved to her and she opened her mouth to say one more thing to them.

"Yleana, can you give Henry a hug for me?" she called.

She sent Yleana a wink and Yleana understood why Julia hadn't accepted the hug from Henry. She shook her head and let out a laugh then continued waving until Julia was fully in the plane and it had taken off. The plane was nearly out of sight before Yleana ran outside and waved super high. Two seconds passed and the plane was completely out of sight. Henry walked up to Yleana and looked at the empty sky then turned to her.

"Okay, well, you heard the lady, gimme a huuuug," Henry said, making Yleana burst out laughing.

"Yeah, yeah," she said before giving him a short hug.

She looked back up at the sky even though she could no longer see Julia's plane. All she could think about was when she would see her again. For some reason, she had a feeling it wouldn't be too long.