Season 3; Chapter 2

"Guys, I don't get why we're doing this," Yleana sighed as she stood in the man cave in front of the elevator.

"We're testing to see if you're indestructible, that's all," Ray said as he fumbled with something on the machine next to him.

Yleana groaned and rolled her eyes then said, "One time I don't get hurt when I should and you suddenly think I'm indestructible? No. No way."

Ray sighed and motioned for Schwoz to walk over and help him with the machine.

"Y'know," Charlotte began as she popped a piece of popcorn into her mouth, "This job gets more and more interesting every day."

Yleana nodded in agreement and watched as Henry paced back and forth. She tapped her foot against the ground, her eyes going left and right as Henry paced.

"Could ya stop pacing?" she suddenly blurted out, "You're making me nervous."

"Sorry," Henry said quickly then sat on the couch next to Charlotte and Jasper.

Ray stepped back from the machine he had been standing by and Schwoz hovered his hand over the button.

"Okay, when I press this button, it's going to shoot fire right at your hand," Schwoz informed, "If your hand doesn't burn, then we'll know you're indestructible. If it does... well, then you're not indestructible."

A bewildered expression grew on Yleana's face as she responded, "What?! Isn't there some other way to test this instead of attempting to burn my hand?!"

"Well, there is," Ray said, nodding, "There's a complicated body scan that searches your cells... but honestly, that takes too long so we're just gonna do this and hope your hand doesn't burn."

"Wait-"

Yleana was cut off as Schwoz pressed the button his hand had been hovering over. Fire shot out of the machine and right at Yleana's hand which had been sticking out away from her.

"OW!" Yleana yelled.

Schwoz shut off the machine and Ray and Henry ran over to Yleana who was clutching her hand.

"Did that hurt?" Henry asked.

"Well, duh! Schwoz shot fire at my-" she broke off and looked down at her hand. The pain had gone away within a matter of seconds, "Hey... It doesn't hurt anymore."

"Let me see," Ray said as he grabbed Yleana's hand and looked at it, "No burn, no scorch mark, no nothing. Oh my gosh."

Yleana looked from her hand to Ray, Henry, Schwoz, Charlotte, and Jasper who were all staring wide-eyed at her.

"But... this makes no sense," she said, starting to freak out, "I can't be indestructible. It's impossible. How could it have happened?"

"I think that's something we're all curious about," Ray said as he put his hand to his chin in thought.

"I am not okay," Yleana said as she turned to face Henry, the panic clear in her voice, "How on Earth is this possible?"

"Yleana, are you okay?" Henry asked, "You're shaking."

"I think I need to sit down."

"Yeah, I think that'd be best."

Henry grabbed Yleana by the arm and led her to the couch where she sat down. She put her head in her hands and looked at Henry. She wasn't exactly sure why she was freaking out seeing as she had just found out she had a really cool superpower but she was.

"I'll get you some ice cream," Charlotte said then walked over to the automatic food maker and pressed her hand against it, "One cup of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream."

She took the ice cream out then handed it to Yleana who thanked her for it and slowly began to eat it.

"Schwoz, you can find out how I'm indestructible, right?" Yleana asked after a couple of moments of silence.

"Yes, I'm ninety percent positive I can," Schwoz told her, "There'll just need to be a couple of procedures."

"Procedures? What kind of procedures?"

Schwoz looked at Yleana for a moment before taking a pear pad out of his pocket and pulling up a list.

"CT scan," he said as he went down the list, "Blood withdrawal, x-ray, diagnostic angiogram, and somatosensory evoked response test."

"Are all those seriously necessary?" Charlotte questioned.

"It's all those or a biopsy."

"I'll take the first option," Yleana said quickly.

Schwoz nodded and there was an awkward silence for a moment before he started shooing everyone out except Yleana so he could start the procedures.

After about twenty minutes, the procedures were done and Schwoz had started studying the results and extracts. The others had come back down to the Man Cave but no one was making any noise so Schwoz could concentrate. Henry was pacing back and forth again, Ray was standing right by Schwoz, watching what he was doing, Charlotte was sitting patiently still, Jasper was tapping a pen against his head, and Yleana was back to tapping her foot rapidly against the ground.

Finally, after about an hour, Schwoz spoke.

"So there's good news and there's bad news," he said slowly.

"What's the bad news?" Ray asked.

"I can't find out why she's indestructible," Schwoz answered, receiving a chorus of 'no's from the others.

"Great," Yleana said sarcastically, "Just wonderful."

"Wait so what's the good news?" Jasper asked.

A smile appeared on Schwoz's face as he replied, "I got us thirty percent off Six Poles Over Swellview park tickets."

Henry face palmed as the others shook their heads. They walked out of the Man Cave, all talking at once.