Season 2; Chapter 3

Yleana got out of bed and brushed her teeth. She brushed her hair into a high ponytail, tying it with a black velvet scrunchie. She pulled on a black leather jacket, black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. She grabbed her phone from her bedside table and opened her music app. She put her earbuds in and pressed play in her complete One Direction playlist. She quickly grabbed her sunglasses and put them on her face, nodding her head to the beat of the music in her ears.

She danced as she walked down her stairs and out her front door, looking as if she were in a music video. She walked into Henry's house where he was eating cereal. He was just about to put a bite in his mouth when she walked in but he froze and just watched her as she danced up his stairs.

"Yleana?" Henry called. She heard him calling her but she ignored him, "Yleana!"

The music she was listening to had taken over though. She didn't want to hear anyone or anything other than the music in her ears. Not even her best friend, Henry. She walked into Henry's room and spun around seven times before allowing herself to collapse on his bed. He opened the door and walked in, staring at her with a raised eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Goodnight," Yleana said as she grabbed his blanket and pulled it over herself.

"No, no, no," Henry said, ripping the blanket from off her, "School. And you've got auditions for that ballet show today."

"Nooooooo," Yleana groaned.

"Yes, c'mon, get up."

"I don't wannaaaa."

"Too baaaad."

Yleana got off the bed, glared at Henry then marched out of his house and off to school, him following. They reached the school and walked in. Beeps started coming from Henry's wiz-watch, three at a time.

"Emergency? During school?" Henry sighed, "Okay. See you later."

Yleana waved goodbye to Henry. Classes went by very slowly, Yleana must have yawned at least eleven times during the day. When classes were finally over, Yleana went to her locker and pressed her thumb against the thumbprint lock. She opened it up and took out her black ballet bag. She looked down at the time on her phone and sighed. Henry was supposed to be there. She was really nervous. She couldn't go into auditions without her best friend being there.

Minutes passed by and Henry still hadn't shown. She tapped her foot against the ground impatiently but it was no use. It didn't look like he was going to show.

Yleana changed into her pale pink ballet leotard and tights and put on her ballet slippers. Stomach twisting into knots out of nervousness, she walked to the auditorium of the school and went backstage. She peered out to the almost completely empty audience where the three judges sat, holding their clipboards on their laps. She looked towards the last row of seats where she spotted Charlotte and Jasper sitting. She felt a bit better, knowing that they were there but it still wasn't the same as Henry being there.

Yleana went to the back room behind the stage again and paced back and forth as other students from her ballet class auditioned for different dance parts for the show. The show was going to be a dance version of Sleeping Beauty and Yleana really wanted to dance the part of Aurora but she didn't have much hope that she would get the part seeing as she had only ever been cast as part of the chorus line in previous shows.

"Yleana Mower," one of the judges called.

Yleana felt like she was going to throw up. This was not going to end well. She forced herself onto the stage and stood facing the judges, the flash drive with the song she would dance to grasped tightly in her hand.

"Begin," the judge to the right said.

Yleana gulped. She walked over to the corner of the stage where the speaker was. She put in her flash drive and walked back over to the center of the stage. She was very light-headed and her feet felt like they had heavy weights on them. The song Moments by One Direction started to play and, trembling, Yleana began to dance but before she could even get to the second move, the doors to the auditorium burst open as Henry came running in.

"WAIT!" he yelled, waving his hands over his head dramatically, "WAIT! I'M HERE!"

A wave of relief washed over Yleana and she immediately felt better. Her stomach stopped twisting, her head felt better and her feet felt very light. She smiled brightly as Henry looked over to her and gave her a thumbs up.

"May I start over?" Yleana asked the judges.

They reluctantly nodded and Yleana started the song again and danced gracefully to it, ending with a beautiful arabesque.

"WOOOO!" Henry cheered when she finished and he clapped loudly, "THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND! OH YEAH! WOOO!"

Yleana stifled her laugh as she bowed. The judges scribbled something down onto their clipboards and Yleana went backstage again, Henry soon running in to meet her.

"You did a great job!" Henry exclaimed.

"Thanks!" Yleana said, grinning.

Henry's watch started beeping again and Henry groaned.

"Jeff," Henry told Yleana, "He's been causing problems all day. He's so annoying!"

Yleana waved as Henry ran out, on his way back to work.