Season 1; Chapter 6

Yleana reached over to her bedside table where her phone was on top of, going off very loudly.

Hi! We're One Direction! Someone's calling you! Answer your phone! Unless you don't like them. Then you can pretend you never heard me. Which I would never do to anyone... because that would be rude... unless they smell... Woah! You're-

Yleana groaned and tapped the answer button before the ringtone could go on any further and wake up her family.

"What?" Yleana asked after checking the caller ID that said Henry.

"Look outside your window," Henry's voice came through the phone in a whisper.

Yleana rubbed her eyes and yawned. She grabbed her glasses from her bedside table, shoved them carelessly onto her face, sat up in her bed, and squinted to look out her dark bedroom window. She could just barely make out the silhouette of someone squatting on the treehouse just outside her window. Yleana slid out her bed, slipped on her slippers, and made her way over to her window. She pushed it open and climbed through it onto the treehouse.

The treehouse had been built when she and Henry were in fourth grade. They called it their secret hideout for years even though their siblings would always barge in randomly to hang out with them. It had been their place to study, play games, talk, and mostly, eat ice cream and watch movies. The treehouse was about eight feet long and ten feet wide, it was made of oak wood, and it was filled with an old television, a VCR player, a jar of candy, a large blanket and pillows, a few board games, a mini fridge that held different flavors of ice cream, and the collection of the Harry Potter books.

"What's up?" Yleana asked Henry when she got fully into the treehouse.

"I'm kinda stressing out," Henry said, scratching his head.

"What? Why?"

"The job. Being Kid Danger. It's stressing me out. I've only been Kid Danger for a few months but it's really getting to me. I'm falling behind in school and finals for first semester are coming up and I'm afraid I won't be able to pass."

"Are you kidding me? Of course you'll be able to pass."

"I don't know. Do you think you could help me study?"

"Yeah, of course. What are friends for if not to help a friend pass a test because they're struggling to balance superhero life with school... oh boy, you have an interesting life."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Okay question real quick though: Why'd you wake me up at 4 in the morning to ask me this?"

"Sorry, I just couldn't sleep."

"Okay, well, mister, you need to get sleep. Key fundamental to getting good grades."

"Mhmmm. Well goodniiight. Thanks again."

"You're welcome. Goodniiight."

So Henry went through one doorway in the treehouse back to his house and Yleana went through the other back to her house. They both climbed back into their bedrooms then went to shut their windows closed.

"Hey Yleana," Henry called as she was about to close her window.

"Yeah?" Yleana asked.

"Nightly joke, you ready?"

"Shoot."

"Why did the bicycle collapse?"

"I don't know, why?"

"It was two tired."

Yleana laughed at Henry's terrible joke, they said their final goodnights, and finally went to bed.