Season 2; Chapter 5

"It took a week to perfect that last step," Yleana said as she walked out of the ballet room of the school with Charlotte. She had just finished rehearsal where Charlotte had been watching her because she had nothing else to do.

"If I had attempted that, I think I would have dislocated a hip," Charlotte said as she pulled out her phone from her back pocket because both her and Yleana had received a text.

Yleana cringed at what Charlotte had said and also pulled out her phone. Henry had texted them on their group chat. His text read 'Guys, Ray and I have found something out about the woman being controlled and it's shocking. Meet me at my house. QUICK!'

Yleana and Charlotte exchanged confused expressions because if Henry and Ray were doing superhero business, why would they meet at Henry's house? The two girls shrugged and headed over to Henry's house.

When they got there, Captain Man and Kid Danger were pacing the living room, looking very panicked while, what completely and utterly shocked Yleana and Charlotte, Mrs. Hart, dressed in all back, was tied up with rope on the couch, unconscious and a black mask and beanie next to her.

"What... is going on?" Charlotte asked, her eyes wide.

Yleana slowly set her ballet bag down on the floor and walked over to Captain Man and Kid Danger who were now standing still, arms folded, staring at Mrs. Hart. She looked up at the two superhero's and raised her eyebrows.

"Yleana, change into your Girl Peril costume," Captain Man ordered, "Charlotte, I'm going to need you to get out your computer. There's going to be some serious tracking that's gonna need to be done."

Yleana and Charlotte nodded then Yleana pulled out her gum, blew a bubble, then changed into her costume while Charlotte pulled her pear laptop out of her backpack.

"So what's going on?" Yleana asked.

"Well, you know how there's been a woman under the control of an anonymous villain? Doing their bidding?" Captain Man said, his eyes still on Mrs. Hart, looking anxious.

"Yeahhh," Yleana and Charlotte said together, slowly.

"Well, that woman," Kid Danger said, "Is kinda my mom."

"What?!"

"Yeah, I know. Now we just have to find out who's been controlling her. Find out who's been forcing her to do things she would never do."

The four stood in silence for a moment before Captain Man stepped forward and took a seat beside Mrs. Hart. He pulled out a small device, pointed it at her forehead, pressed a button, and her eyes opened and she sat up, no longer unconscious. Charlotte, realizing how suspicious she'd look alongside Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Girl Peril and not wanting to accidentally give a hint as to who they really were, quickly pulled a nearby blanket over her head.

"What- what's going on?" Mrs. Hart asked, looking around innocently, "It feels like I've been sleeping for the past week and a half."

"That's because you were under a sort of trance," Captain Man explained, "We've taken you out of that trance and intend to find out exactly you put you under it."

"You saved me?" Mrs. Hart asked, blinking.

"Yes, I did," Captain Man said, rather smug.

"Anyways," Kid Danger said, sitting in between his mom and Captain Man, "You'll be in a lot of trouble if we don't find out who was controlling you. The public will think you did everything through your own will."

"But I didn't!" Mrs. Hart defended.

"We know that," Girl Peril said, "So it's very important that you try and remember anything you can from when you were put under the trance."

"I... I'm sorry, I can't remember anything," Mrs. Hart said, frowning.

"Nothing at all?" Kid Danger asked.

"No, nothing."

Captain Man sighed and Kid Danger and Girl Peril exchanged sorrowful looks.

"Wait!" Mrs. Hart said, "Wait. There is something."

"Yeah?" the superhero and two sidekicks asked in unison.

"I was on my way to the store," Mrs. Hart said slowly, trying her best to recall the details, "And I had been walking. I was taken aside and into a helicopter. It brought me back to a dark building. And... I was tied up to a chair and then I heard a woman's voice. Then I saw the woman. She came up to me and... I can't remember anything from after that."

"Do you remember what she looked like?" Captain Man asked.

"Barely. She... had black hair... tall... lightning powers or something..."

"Wait, wait, wait!" Girl Peril said, smacking Kid Danger's arm repeatedly as she said it, "I know who that is!"

Kid Danger looked over at Girl Peril and they exchanged knowing looks.

"Wait! Yeah!" Kid Danger said.

Without another word, Kid Danger and Girl Peril had run straight out of the house.