Season 3; Chapter 9

Yleana placed her keys into the lock of the house and turned the doorknob, slowly pushing the front door open. It was afternoon so when they went to defeat Electric Navy, everyone thought they were just at school.

Yleana walked into the house and dropped her backpack on the ground as Julia followed suit. They walked over to the kitchen where Mrs. Mower was making chocolate milk for Anaely and Mr. Mower was pulling leftovers out of the fridge to eat as he had a late lunch.

"Hey Mom?" Yleana asked as she took a seat at the dining room table, Julia sitting next to her, "I have a question."

"What's up?" Mrs. Mower asked, not taking her eyes off of the chocolate milk she was making.

"What would you say if I asked if we could adopt Julia?"

Mrs. Mower's grip on the spoon slipped as she dropped it onto the floor, it landing with a clatter. She exchanged a look with Mr. Mower before looking at the two girls at the dining room table.

"Wh-Why?" she stuttered.

"She doesn't really have anywhere else to go," Yleana said quietly as Julia looked down at her feet.

"Oh..." Mrs. Mower said, her expression changing to one of sadness as she turned to Mr. Mower and muttered, "I mean, it wouldn't be the first time we did."

"What?" Yleana said, not completely sure she heard what they said.

Mrs. Mower looked over at her daughter, eyes wide. She looked back at Mr. Mower who took a long breath in before responding, "You're... adopted... And so is your little brother, Cameron."

"We're- we're adopted?" Yleana asked, barely believing what she was hearing.

"Yeah," Mrs. Mower said, nodding, "Both of you are from the same biological family. You were actually supposed to be born twins but something got messed up while you two were still only seeds."

"So you're telling me that my biological mom was pregnant with Cameron for five years?" Yleana asked, blinking.

Mrs. Mower sighed and nodded, "It's insane, I know."

"Who are our biological parents?"

"...We don't know," Mr. Mower answered with a bit of hesitation.

"I... need some air," Yleana breathed before walking out of the house, Julia following behind her.

"Where are you going?" Julia called after Yleana as she walked down the street.

"Work," Yleana answered simply.

"Why? You just got back from work."

"To see Schwoz."

"To see Schwoz? Why?"

"Because... because maybe he can find out who my parents are."

Julia nodded in understanding and picked up her pace to match Yleana's. They finished the walk to Junk 'N' Stuff and went straight to the back and down the elevator, not even hearing Jasper's 'hello'.

The doors of the elevator opened and Yleana hurried out, Julia following. She walked straight up to Schwoz, ignoring Henry's arms opened for a hug as Julia went over to the round couch and flopped down onto it.

"Schwoz," Yleana said sternly, "I need help."

"Vaaaaat?" Schwoz asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm adopted," Yleana said shortly, raising dramatic gasps from Henry and Ray as Charlotte had no reaction and went to sit beside Julia.

"You're- you're not adopted," Henry laughed, shaking his head as he walked up to Yleana, "Don't talk crazy."

Yleana ignored him and repeated to Schwoz, "I'm adopted but I don't know who my biological parents are. Is there anything you can maybe do to find out who they are?"

"Well, sure," Schwoz said with a shrug, "I can easily take a DNA sample from you and match it up to your two parents."

"Really?" Yleana asked, raising her eyebrows, "Oh my gosh, that would be great."

"Yup, you'll just owe a small price," Schwoz said in a mischievous tone.

"Oh come on, Schwoz, why you gotta make everything so complicated?" Ray complained as he walked up to Schwoz and started kicking him into the lab part of the Man Cave, "Just go do it, go, go, go."

Schwoz grabbed Yleana's arm right before he was shoved fully into the lab room and pulled her with him so he could take a DNA sample. An awkward silence filled the man cave once the two left before Charlotte decided to break it.

"So, uh, Henry," she started, "Did you hear that Oliver asked Yleana out?"

"Hm?" Henry asked, turning his attention to Charlotte.

"Did you hear that Oliver asked Yleana out?" she repeated.

"Oh, he did?" Henry questioned, "That's funny."

"Funny? You're not jealous or anything?" Julia asked, sitting up straight.

"Why would I be jealous?" Henry chuckled, "She's my best friend, it's not like I like her or anything. Besides, there's no way she even said yes, did she?"

"Nah," Charlotte answered, "Said something about liking someone else."

"Oh, she likes someone else?" Henry asked, dropping his phone that he had been holding, "She didn't tell me. Who?"

Charlotte and Julia exchanged knowing looks before Julia shrugged and said, "We don't know."

"Oh," Henry said quietly before bending down to pick up his phone.

As he was picking it up, Charlotte quickly whispered something to Julia who smirked and nodded. They were pretty evil girls when they wanted to be.

"I guess you haven't really been hearing what's been going on in Yleana's life then, have you?" Charlotte said nonchalantly as she walked over to the food machine and got some fries before returning to her seat next to Julia.

"Of course I have, I'm her best friend, she tells me everything," Henry replied smugly.

"Oh yeah?" Julia asked, cocking an eyebrow, "Then you heard that when she turned down Oliver, she asked out Mitch?"

"M-Mitch?!" Henry asked, whipping around to face the two girls who nodded, "No, no, no, no, no, that can't be right. She doesn't like Mitch, she can't!"

"Why can't she?" Charlotte asked, exchanging a look with Julia as they knew their plan was working out perfectly.

"He's rude! He's a bully! He treats her like crap!" Henry yelled, his temper rising.

"Sounds like you're jellyyyyyy," Julia said in a singsong voice.

"Am not!" Henry defended, "I just don't want her going out with a jerk! Or any guy that says anything rude to or about her! Or- or any guy at all except m-" he cut himself off as he was about to spill a secret that only he himself and Jasper knew.

Charlotte and Julia raised their eyebrows at Henry who turned a deep shade of red and turned away from them. Just then, the wall door opened and Schwoz and Yleana walked in, much to Henry's relief.

"So, what's the results?" Ray asked, jumping up from his rubber duck counting on the ground and walking over to the two.

"I don't know," Yleana said with a shrug, "Schwoz wouldn't tell me. Said something about having to be in the same room as you."

"I think it's best," Schwoz said with a panicked look, nodding, before taking a deep breath in, "Guys... Yleana Mower is really... Yleana Manchester."