Season 4; Chapter 2

"What are we gonna do for the project?" Yleana questioned as she and Henry walked side by side to Henry's house where they were to work on a project for their English class.

"I have no idea, when do I have any idea?" Henry pointed out.

Yleana laughed lightly and shook her head as she tried to think of an idea for their project. The two walked in comfortable silence for a moment, neither of them wanting to break it. Both of them were swinging their hands back and forth very slightly which caused their hands to scrape against each other.

They both glanced down at their hands that were barely touching and Yleana quickly moved her hand away from his so they were no longer touching but felt his hand grab ahold of hers just one second later. She looked down at their intertwined hands and her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. It felt weird to have their hands intertwined — weird because it felt so normal and comfortable.

The two best friends reached Henry's house where they let go of each other's hands and tossed their backpacks onto the couch before kneeling down by the coffee table.

"So, what are we doing for the project?" Henry asked as he clasped his hands together and looked at Yleana expectantly.

She rose an eyebrow at him and said, "Excuse me, sir, but I am not thinking of the idea again. I always do and I don't want to this time."

"But you're so smart," Henry tried getting her to tell the idea he knew she had, "Pleaseeeeeeee."

Yleana looked at him as he was making puppy eyes. She rolled her eyes and sighed before giving in.

"Fine, fine, fine," she said, "So, I was thinking-"

She was interrupted as a beeping sound filled the room coming from Henry's watch. Yleana motioned for Henry to answer it and Henry flipped his watch open, a small hologram of Ray appearing over it.

"What's up?" Henry asked as he looked at hologram Ray's cautious face.

"You two kids remember that old shut-down pizzeria on the other side of town?" Ray questioned.

"Yeah," Yleana answered as she moved over next to Henry so she was in Ray's view as well as Henry.

"I need you guys to come quick!" Ray said, "There's an emergency! Apparently, some lady is holding people hostage!"

"We're on our way," Henry told him before closing his watch and grabbing his gum tube from his pocket.

"Let's get a mask on our face," Yleana started, also taking out her gum tube.

"And fight crime at the pizza place," Henry finished, grinning.

The two each popped a red gum piece into their mouths and took off running to the old pizza place. When they got there, they saw Captain Man pacing just outside the door which was covered on the inside by brown ripped paper.

"Great, you're here," Captain Man said once he saw his two sidekicks.

"Yup," Kid Danger sighed out lightly, "This place looks pretty beat up. The sign is so tilted and ruined, I can barely read what it says."

"Cheesy Slices," Girl Peril read off the sign, "Oookay then."

"Ha, what a lame name," Henry snorted.

"Hey!" Ray said defensively, "I came up with that name for them back in the day, thank you very much!"

Kid Danger and Girl Peril looked at each other, trying to contain their laughter but it was too hard and they immediately burst out laughing.

"Alright, alright, let's just go," Captain Man mumbled.

Without any hesitation, Captain Man kicked the locked double doors open to reveal dusty tables, broken chairs, peeled wallpaper, cracked windows, and holes in the ground.

"What in the world..." Girl Peril said slowly as she followed Captain Man and Kid Danger into the old pizzeria.

"Where're the hostages?" Kid Danger questioned.

"No idea," Captain Man responded quietly as the three walked further into the building.

They heard the doors slam behind them, blocking out the sunlight and they turned quickly towards the doors to see who had closed them but it was too dark.

"I was expecting you," the voice of a female was heard in the dark, "Captain Man Team."

An old yellow light flicked on in the middle of the building and Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Girl Peril found themselves facing a woman with long blonde hair, a black bodysuit with two thick red diagonal stripes going across it, red gloves, and black heeled boots.

"Who are you?" Captain Man questioned, his brows furrowed in anger, "And where are the hostages?"

"Oh, there're no hostages," the woman said with an evil smile, "And the name's Doctor Midnight Memories."

"Wait, so you're telling me this is a trap?" Kid Danger asked, eyeing Doctor Midnight Memories.

"Hold on!" Girl Peril exclaimed suddenly, pointing her finger upwards, "Doctor Midnight Memories... do you like One Direction?!"

Doctor MM looked at Girl Peril weirdly before responding, "Duh."

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, okay, so who's your favorite member?" Girl Peril asked excitedly.

"Girl Peril!" Kid Danger scolded.

Girl Peril's eyes widened like a small child who had just been caught red-handed and Captain Man said, "You're supposed to be fighting the enemy, not making besties with them!"

"Sorry, sorry," Girl Peril apologized.

"You're going downtown," Kid Danger sneered to Doctor MM before taking his laser out and shooting her, causing her to fall onto the ground, knocked out.

The three stood still, staring at the passed-out woman in front of them, surprised looks on their faces.

"Well, that was easier than I expected," Kid Danger commented.

"Let's go get some pizzaaaaaaa!" Captain Man exclaimed suddenly in a sports announcing tone.

"Woooooo!" Girl Peril and Kid Danger said together, giving each other a high five before following Captain Man out of the building.