Chapter 99

"He was moping over some girl, an' he wouldn't come to the party. I basically begged him."

"Aaron--"

"And I told them that in the testimony interviews, I kept telling them! But they just thought I was tryna protect my friend. Everything that came out of my mouth was a load of bull shit to them! I feel like they were paid or something to put Tae behind bars."

"But why would they wanna put him behind bars for no reason, huh? Why?" Carmela let out another scoff and stood on her feet.

"Carmela, I know it. He really didn't come--"

"Aaron, listen to me. That party you threw at the club? It was massive, alright. He probably came in later and--and you didn't see him. But he fucking did, okay?"

He made a pissed off face, the one Carmela was more used to seeing.

With a glare, she turned on her heel and walked out the door. She hadn't even noticed it, but her heart was beating crazy fast, and suddenly felt hot and sweaty.

She rounded a corner, and collided with a shoulder and clean-smelling clothing.

"Woah, you alright?" Hosi gripped her softly by the shoulders.

"Yeah. Aaron just--" Carmela spotted a concerned Jade behind Hosi with a wine bottle in her hand. "I tried to help him." She smiled at Jade who grinned back.

Then she pulled Hosi down by the arm and whispered in his ear.

"Let's talk later."

"Sure." Hosi nodded, and walked away.

"Got a nice drink here for us! Let's sit down by the TV?" Jade gestured to the spacious living room, the perfect sunlight washing over the room through the tall, wide windows.

"Thank you! Yeah sounds--"

"Yo Carmela, shouldn't you be in training with Roxana right now?" Hosi called from the cushioned seat by the TV.

"What?" Um, what was he talking about...

And why did she get the feeling that...that Hosi didn't want her there? That he was mad? Was he upset because of last night? Well, it does make sense to be upset but she wished he wasn't... she wished he was like normal, and always wanted her by his side. Psh.

"You mean, you don't know? Hell, why do I know then..."

"Hosi, what training! What are you talking about!" She frantically whipped out her phone while running over to him.

"Didn't you check your email? Roxana shot me a text like 15 minutes ago to remind you to go the club for training." He said a-matter-of-factly.

"You good-for-nothing snob! Why couldn't you tell me earlier, fuck!" She finally opened her email from her phone, ignoring her data bill, and mentally-screamed.

She had training with Roxana at the club at noon. What's the-- the time! Where's the damn time--

"Carmela you have a phone right in your hands." Hosi said lazily, flicking through TV channels.

Oh right.

"Wait, how did you--" She pointed at him.

"You were thinking out loud, babe."

Carmela rolled her eyes and looked at the time in the corner of the screen. So it was currently 11:45. Still got time.

"Aw, does that mean you're leaving early?" Jade pouted, hand on her hip.

"Yes, it does. Carmela go away. Jade come here." Hosi laughed. He reached up and handed her the keys.

Carmela's jaw dropped. Wow... would ya look at this asshole--