Chapter 102

Carmela stormed off the stage. She ran down the steps and burst into the change room. She spied a drink on the makeup counter and turned towards it, her head spinning dangerously.

Bailey froze styling someone's hair.

"Carmela? What are you doing in here? You're still supposed to be out there--"

Carmela snatched the drink off the counter and threw her head back, gulping the burning shot.

She couldn't even explain what she was feeling right now. Anger and embaressment? Shock and confusion? Exhaustion and insanity?

Fucked. I feel fucked, that's what it is.

"Carmela-- wait! Where are you--"

But she pushed the door and walked out of there, ignoring Bailey's calls.

His dark hair and rosy lips were all Carmela could see.

She shuddered in digust.

Disgust.

That's what it was. She felt disgusted with herself.

Her vision began to sway as the shot took control of her already intoxicated mind. Her knees wobbled just the slightest as she stormed through the hallways behind the stage. The music of the club got louder until she finally stepped out into the loud dancing crowd under the lights.

Wait no. Bad idea.

Panic surged through her thudding heart, as the lights flashed and the music pounded and the stench of the sweaty people filled her nostrils.

I shouldn't be out here... I don't wanna be out here.

Clutching her racing head, Carmela spun back around and back towards the change room. Her chest was pounding and her throat felt blocked up and scratchy. She didn't even know what she was feeling, she just didn't know what to do.

She burst through the door of the change room once more, and all the girls froze and turned to her again. This time Roxana was there, talking to Bailey in the middle of the crowded room.

Carmela wiped her sweating brow and stood there, taking deep breaths. Roxana immediatly turned to her, arms outstretched.

"Carmela? Are you okay? You were doing great, what happened?" Roxana exclaimed, her hands gripping Carmela by the shoulders.

"I... I don't know, I just-- I don't know." The words came out heavy and required alot of effort. She just wanted to collapse and fall onto the ground.

"You don't know? Okay so you're just not sure why you ditched the show and started stomping all over the place? I mean--" Roxana raised her brows, her eyes wide.

"I'm sorry Roxana-- I'm gonna throw up--" Carmela pushed Roxana aside and fell onto the bench, her head in her hands. She tried to swallow the nauseous feeling in her tummy.

"Carmela. Please tell me what happened?"

"Nothing happened--"

"Are you feeling nervous?"

"No, I'm not feeling nervous, I just needed a break--"

"Okay honey I know, I know, but heres the thing: there are no BREAKS. This is your job, and if you don't feel like completing it then you might as well leave, because this is how it is and how its gonna be--"

"Roxana, what the heck, go easy on her, it's her first night--" Bailey piped in.

"Bailey. These are my girls, and I get to go however much I want on them--"