Chapter 17

(Almost to 1k! Thanks so so SO much guys:) I never would've expected this many reads in such little time! *hysterically sobs into pillow* THANKYOU)

Carmela stood dumbfounded in front of the dark curly haired boy perched on his bike on the sidewalk. She crossed her arms and pursed her lips as he blinked nervously.

"I know you like... look fine, but I don't know, things like that are tough..." He said, focusing on the handlebars of his bike. 

"What..." Carmela mockingly chuckled.

"What?" He said, looking defensive.

"How would you know anything  about things like that?"

"Why can't I know about them?"

"You can but you don't."

"What the-- and how  do you know I don't?" 

Because this wasn't a typical parent death. My mom committed fucking suicide and I witnessed the aftermath of it, so if you say you've gone through that then I might say you know how I feel, but if not--

"Fuck off." 

"Why-- why are you always saying that?  I'm just trying to a have a normal conversation with you, and you're attacking me!" 

Hm. He had a point. But this was weird. Carmela thought he hated her, so why would he ask about how she felt? Probably to embarrass her and remind her how pitiful she was and use this against her in the future to weaken her ego. Uh uh. Not happening. I ain't letting my guard down boy. She sighed and loosened her language though.

"Tae, I just don't wanna talk about it."

"Okay. But you should. I know how much it hur-"

"And I absolutely hate it when people say that."

"Can you stop interrupting me for like two seconds?" 

"Sorry."

"I know you think I don't care. And you're completely right, I don't. I'm just saying, that it really does help if you talk about it. I kinda understand why you're so... you all the time..." He cleared his throat as Carmela narrowed her piercing eyes into him.

"What is your problem? Why are you so weird? Sometimes your nice and then the next second your mean again and-"

"Hey I was never nice, not even for a second."

"Oh my fuckin-"

"I was only saying that you should talk about your problems. It helped me. Saved me, really." Huh?

"Saved you? What happened?"

Tae rolled a little back on his bike with his feet, looking alarmed.

"Nothing happened, I'm just saying!!" He shouted with wide eyes. 

"Alright, okay. You don't have to yell..." She said looking at the floor, upset he was getting angry. She was supposed to be one who got angry, not him. She glanced up at him and found he was looking at her softly. The wind blew his hair back and Carmela took in his angled face, his delicately blushed lips, and the soft creases under his clear eyes that were narrowed against the wind. 

"I... fuck, I didn't mean to... you know what, here." He muttered, before looking directly determined right into her eyes.

"What?"

"My parents are both dead."

Carmela's  heart thudded, and her she felt her knees go slightly weak, but she regained herself and gazed at the boy with soft eyes.