Chapter 20

(^^^Aunt Kass!)

Carmela felt a rumbling vibration under her, as she lay on a soft surface and a mild siren sound reached her ears. There was no energy in any part of her body and she felt numb and limp as she lay there, rumbling with the ground. She noticed her eyes were shut and strained to open her sore eyelids. A speck of light seeped in and she saw a blur of dark curly hair, and a mop of maroon hair beside it. Was it... was that Aunt Kass? Before her mind could do any more thinking, her eyes closed again and she drifted unconscious.

***********************

The sound of muffled voices stirred Carmela awake, and she inched her eyes open again. The ground was still rumbling and moving beneath her and the curly hair was still seated beside her. This time, the blurred figure moved and towered over her. She could make out his pale complexion and a deep voice rang through her ears. She blinked and for a second she saw widened dark eyes and a smudge of rosy lips, before the pain in her head knocked her out once more.

Tae...?

***********************

Carmela awoke to the light beeping, and felt her unmoving body lying on a soft bed. She opened her eyes ad squinted against the bright light all around her. Everything seemed to be white. Where the hell was she? Was this a hospital? Carmela twitched her bandaged hand, and her head felt much clearer. Her legs and hips felt better too.

A frightened shiver ran through her spine, remembering what had happened. She recalled the man and the way he crept closer, and the way he crushed her, and the way he touched her. Her heart beat faster and her breathing became panicked again as she thought about his sneering face and her shrieking sobs. 

She pulled herself up from the bed, wincing, and glanced around the white room. There was hospital machinery beeping beside her and a little table of pills and cups on the other side of her. The curtain of the window was slightly open, and she glanced at the black sky outside. She sat up completely, laying her wrapped hands in her lap and peered in front of her. Her heart wrenched in surprise, and awoke her mind even more.

Tae was lying across the small blue couch in front of her bed. He was on his side, his legs curled up and trying to stay on the short couch that couldn't hold his height. His cheek was softly pressed against his elbow and his chest rose and fell with his sleeping breaths. Carmela felt a fluttering feeling in her stomach again, and she couldn't help but... smile a little. She remembered how... Tae had thrown his bike against that perverted man. Did he-- did he follow them on his bike? All that way? Huh.

"Ahem." She cleared her throat, and brushed her bangs down to her eyebrows, waiting for him to wake up. But he didn't.

"Ahem. Tae..." Carmela raised her voice slightly.

But he still didn't wake up. He didn't even move.

"Tae? Wake up." She sighed. Ugh, this guy.

"Tae!" 

He raised his eyebrows, slowly blinking his eyes open. When he saw her sitting on the bed, he jumped from his spot and rolled off the couch to the floor with a shout.

"Ow...' He groaned, as Carmela giggled and tried to see him on the floor over the foot of her bed. 

"Are you okay? Did I scare you?" She laughed, as he stood up and brushed the hair out of his eyes. 

"When do you not scare me?" He muttered, sitting back on the couch.

He was wearing a white hoodie and grey sweatpants. His socks were visible through his Vans slides, and Carmela tried not to goggle too much at how good he looked in his comfy clothing. She licked her lips and became self conscious all of a sudden. I must look like a fucking mess..