Chapter 05

(I just want to thank everyone for their non stop support!! This is my first story so i am a little nervous but you guys are amazing and give me so much confidence, thanks alot for that:))))

The upbeat music pounded in Carmela's mind as she scrambled around the place, weaving through intoxicated people. Where the fuck was Jules? She stopped for a moment and shook her fuzzy head, blindly looking at her surroundings.

"Damnit where is she..." Carmela muttered to herself. "Wait, why don't i just-" She moved to grab her phone but realized that her hands were empty. She must've left her bag in Hosi's car. Fuck, now she had to find Hosi for his keys... Her voice whispered against the loud music and talking as she swore, clutching her head.

She had come here to remove stress and frustration from herself, but here she was: freaking out and panicking. But it was only Jules' step brother so it wouldn't be TOO awkward... would it? I mean they only had se-

Carmela shuddered and took a deep breath, shoving the negative thoughts to the back of her mind.

"Dont worry Carmela. Youll apologize, youll tell her you were drunk and Hosi was just there, and that it wont happen the fuck again..." She frantically whispered to herself, and resumed stalking around the club, combing every corner, for her friend and her brother.

She passed a group of young high schoolers playing shot games sloppily and she smirked, remembering her own high school parties, that brought her to life, that gave her a way out, a way to dance and party all the miserable parts of her childhood away.

Just then, her eyes caught the back of Hosi's head at the far corner beside the bar, and she jumped forward almost tripping on her own feet. She stumbled quickly and finally reached him calling out, "Hosi!"

His red head spun around and Carmela caught a glimpse of Jules against the wall, arms crossed. Carmela walked towards them, almost spilling a guy's drink as she knocked into people.

"Hey Jules, I-I dont know what to say except, I know how youre feeling right now. You prolly think me and Hosi got something going on but really, it was a mistake! Im sorry Jules, please dont be pissed at me. Im sorry."

She shouted over the music and pushed Hosi out of the way to face her friend. Jules' cheeks were wet and her eyes were red. Carmela gasped and took her friends hands. She was shocked and confused at how upset Jules was and didn't know what to say, so she wrapped her arms around her.

They'd always given eachother "sorry hugs" as kids and it almost always cheered Jules up. Carmela was a little stubborn so it would take her a few tries to forgive her.

Jules sniffed against her arm and Carmela longed to get away from the booming club that elevated her emotions more. She let go of Jules and grabbed her hand, turning to Hosi behind her.

"Lets go home. We can talk there." She felt Jules' hands unwind from her and she turned to her friend who was wiping her tears.

"No, hey I'm fine. I am. I just-I don't know what made me so emotional! It's not even a big deal, you guys can legit do whatever you want!" She laughed as Carmela cupped the sides of her cheeks with her hands.

"Dude THAT is never happening again! But are you sure youre okay Jules? Im really sorry girl, I hate when you cry 'cause of me." She lowered her head and pressed her lips to Jules' forhead, making her giggle.

"Im fine! It doesnt matter, lets go get some more drinks!" She pulled Carmela's hand and guided her to the bar again. Jules' tapped the counter and the tall bartender spun around with two glasses in either hand. His dark curly hair hung above his eyebrows and his rosey lips parted as he glanced at them.

Carmela almost chocked. She blinked her eyes a couple times before leaning in and peering at the bartender.

"What the fu-" She couldn't believe it. It was that douche, that guy who had called her an arrogant freak on their blind date... Kim Taehyung! It was definitely him. Shit, she was dead...

He stepped closer to the counter and leaned down staring at Carmela's shocked face. He set down the glasses from his hands and pointed his finger right at her.

"You-you devil! You little- I cant believe you told your crazy aunt that I had a goddamn wife! I mean that's-that's messed up!" He raised his voice as Jules' looked at him surprised as ever.

"Wait who ar-" Jules started but his menacing gaze shifted to her and his glare shut her up before he turned back to Carmela who was too shocked to speak.

"Do you know how many hairs YOU and your crazy aunt ripped out of my head? Do you know the number?" He touched his hair as his scrunched up face broke into a sad pout and he returned his finger to his side.

Carmela cleared her throat and opened her mouth to say something, to tell him he deserved her attack, and that there was no other way to stay single, but she scoffed in anger as he threw up his hand in front of her face, staring at his palm.

"No. No, you do not get to talk Carmela! We are not gonna talk about this! You are gonna take your mother fucking drink and get the hell outta hear before I-" He paused, unsure of what to say.

Carmela found this guy ridiculous and realized how amusing his childish tone really was. She expected herself to get angry and spit out cusses like she normally did, but this time she only scoffed.

"Before you what?" She leaned on her elbows, smirking at the annoyed boy behind the counter. "Hmm?"

He cleared his throat and scratched his head before landing a glare on Carmela's amused face.

"Before I stalk you..." He leaned down closer, "And watch you..." His face leaned into hers, "And kill you in your sleep." He ended with a deep whisper, as Carmela felt a giggle erupt inside her. Was this guy fucked up or what?

His head popped back up, as Carmela threw her head back, laughing out loud. He scratched his head, and his cheeks turned pink in angry embarrassment.

"Just fuck off." He grumbled.

Jules giggled beside her, clearly amused at her friend's crazy blind date. She asked for two straight vodka shots and Taehyung slammed them on the counter. As Jules payed, Carmela quickly took both shots in both hands and tilted her head back, downing the shots alternatively. Jules laughed her weird cackling laugh and Carmela glanced at Taehyung who scoffed and turned away. She was grabbed by Jules and dragged away from the booth, laughing.

"Dude what the fuck was his problem?" Jules asked, adjusting her space buns and black choker.

"I dont-I dont fuckin know!" Carmela slurred and snorted as she laughed, feeling excited and energized again. She had never expected to see Taehyung after their first encounter and couldve never expected his weirdass reaction. She silently praised herself for thinking quick and getting rid of him right from the start.

Jules fished out her phone from her purse and dialed Hoseok. She held the phone at her ear as the call went through. Carmela gave her a puzzled look.

"Im tired, lets go home!" She mouthed, as Carmela nodded rubbing her eye with the palm of her hand. She was exhausted too, and she longed to curl up her throbbing legs under comfy covers.

"Hey where are you? We wanna leave, lets meet at the car!" She plugged her open ear with one hand as she shouted into the phone.

Did she want to go? Carmela looked around and suddenly felt the urge to dance again but Jules dragged her by the arm, as her vision blurred. She felt like laughing so she did and was pretty satisfied with how her night went. She definitely felt lighter and calmer, and chose to not think about her family anymore. They'd fucked her up more than they were themselves.

Hmm except for Jerome... he wasnt family, he was a just an annoying driver that snooped in her business all the time. Sometimes she thought he was a spy. As Jules dragged her out into the chilly night, Jerome's wrinkly face entered her vision. His face twisted and turned in her mind and she giggled as he sprouted pink cat ears and smiled a pink-toothed smile. Her mind became foggier and foggier as blinding light seeped into her vision.

She felt her cheek painfully collide with something rough and felt large hands lift her into the air.