Chapter 83

Tae stood towering across from them, his tall figure shifting in the distance, hands fisted by his sides. His dark curly hair was scattered across his forehead, and his faded, weary eyes were narrowed onto Hosi beside Carmela. He wore fit black pants and a loose black t-shirt under a dark blue denim jacket.

Jin, Jimin and JK stood behind him with concerned and worried faces.

Carmela gazed at Tae, unable to move, unsure what to say.

Two years.

Two years later we meet.

A memory from the past flickered across Carmela's heart. Suddenly his smiling eyes and soft kisses flooded her mind.

But then Jules's broken body flashed dangerously in front of her eyes. Her throat felt dry as her stomach bubbled with anger.

And hatred.

Pure hatred.

"HEY! Answer me, asshole! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!" Hosi shrieked, his voice ripping.

He began to thunder forwards but Carmela grasped his arm and held it against her chest. He froze and looked down at her, surprised.

"It's okay. Don't worry." She said quietly so only he could hear.

Tae's dark hooded eyes darted between her and Hosi, and their close bodies. The muscle of his jaw twitched and he flared his nostrils.

Jin placed a hand on Tae's shoulder, urging him to relax. But Tae didn't do or say anything, he just stood there, staring at Hosi.

"Hosi, calm down. Taehyung got out, that means they didn't find anything to prove he did it--" Jin started.

"I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT WHAT THEY FOUND! HOW DARE YOU COME HERE YOU PIECE OF CUNT--"

"Shhh... Hosi, stop." Carmela said queitly.

Then she let go of him and directed her gaze on the tall, dark haired boy a couple of feet across from her. His tired eyes slowly shifted downwards, until they met hers.

His hard face immediatly softened, a warm look washing over his harsh features, as they stood across from each other in silence.

But Carmela didn't feel anything. She gazed at him expressionlessly, showing none of the mixed anger and hatred that twisted inside of her.

"Taehyung." She spoke in a hard voice.

His rosey lips Carmela was so familiar with, parted to say something. But he never said anything, struggling to utter words.

She continued, with everyone's eyes on her.

"So... you're finally out now, huh?"

He tilted his head slightly, nodding.

"Well..." She suddenly chuckled. "Isn't that funny? I find that SO FUNNY! Isn't that funny guys?!"

She gazed crazily with tears in her eyes, at the other boys. But Tae's vision was frozen on her still, his body not moving a muscle.

"They let you go, yeah they did. But do I give a shit?" She took a couple of steps closer to him. "No. I fucking don't."

"Carmela--" Jin started, but she shot him a glare.

"You may be out, Taehyung. But I want you to keep this is mind." She spoke in a low voice and stepped even closer, his clenched face above hers.

"I will never let you get away with this."

Tae's eyes flickered for a moment, before he looked away from Carmela. She felt his breath on her nose, and bit her quivering lip as her eyes travelled over his familiar face.

Then she tore away from him, spinning around.

But his fingers caught her wrist, and she froze at his burning touch. He gently tugged her towards him.

"Let go." She commanded, her back to him.

"Why..." His deep voice was more tired and raspy, but it was just like she remembered it. A shiver of disgust went through her and she tried to pull her wrist away from him, but he held her in place.

"Let go!"

"Why won't you ask me?" He said, and Carmela stopped pulling. She turned around to meet his narrowed eyes.

"Ask you what?" She said coldly.

"Why I did it. You don't even know the reason."

"I-I don't care." Carmela tried to control the thudding pain inside her chest, as she heard the words come out of his mouth.

She pulled her hand free and started to storm off towards the restaurant with Hosi at her heels.

"Everything... everything I did was for you, Carmela. You won't understand. But I did it to protect you." He called behind her.

Carmela froze in shock at his words, as a tear fell from the rim of her eye.

"Y-you're messed in the head. Get some help, Taehyung. Leave me alone." She called, still walking away.

"You don't know what you're doing, Carmela. I was trying to protect you and I still am, JUST LISTEN--"

His booming voice triggered her anger and she spun around.

"SHUT UP, you CRAZY piece of shit--"

But Hosi caught her.

"Carmela, let's go inside. People are staring. Go on. I'll make sure he leaves." He said softly.

Carmela glared at the tall, curly haired boy one last time, before dissapearing through the doors of the restaurant.