Chapter 32

(Hosi and Carmela^^^ Yes, no?)

Jules sits up and looks down at Carmela. Her eyes travel to Hosi and she clears her throat. 

"Listen, Carmela..."

"Please don't say you're sorry, Jules--" 

"I... I was really busy with my internship and I got home super late last night. I'm so sorry. You were probably wondering what the fuck was wrong with me--"

"Jules. I literally didn't care like at all. Obviously I knew there was an explanation! And you're here now so what are we even talking about?" 

Carmela sat up and smiled at her friend. Her thick curly hair was pulled back in a bun and a strand had fallen in her glossy eyes. Jules sniffled and suddenly wrapped her arms around Carmela, who furrowed her brow in surprise. She gasped as she felt Jules trembling and quickly pulled away.

"Jules what's wrong? What's going on with you lately?" Jules was acting super weird. Carmela couldn't figure out why she was so... different.

"What do you mean? N-nothing! I was just... so scared and worried when mom told me what happened. I can't believe you got fucking kidnapped--" Jules' phone beeped a notification and she stood up to read it.

"Who is it?" Hosi asked beside Carmela. 

"Um... my boss is calling me to the office. He needs me to do some work before I leave next week for Rockford--"

"Wait, what? Why are you going to Rockford?" Carmela asked. And why am I just hearing about it?

"Oh, I need to go check out our other Real Estate base. Apparently its for experience or something. I'll only be gone for a couple of days." Jules replied, moving to the door. 

"Okay then. Cool. I'll uh... I'll miss you!" Carmela put on a smile over her confused expression. 

Jules smiled back and glanced at her step-brother sitting beside Carmela on the bed. Then she slid out of the room and Carmela's heart sank.

What the hell was wrong with her today? She wasn't warm or friendly or funny like she usually was. She was just emotional and... sad. And why didn't she tell Carmela about Rockford? How could she hide such a giantess thing? Is it that easy to forget telling your best friend about your life? Well, maybe she forgot... she was busy with work lately. Yeah... that was it.

She glanced at Hosi, staring at the floor beside her.

"Is Jules... is Jules okay?" 

"Jules? Yeah, why?" Hosi replied, looking down at Carmela.

"I don't know Hosi, she's just... weird. Something's up." 

"Who cares."

"Ha. When did you guys come here anyways?"

"Like an hour ago."

"Oh. And you guys were just waiting here in my room?" Carmela was surprised how long they'd waited for her.

"Yeah, I mean, Jules was guilty she hadn't met with you yet. And I need to talk to you about something..." Hosi said, rubbing his hands together. Why was he so nervous?

"Okay. About?"

"Well-- You and Tae... are you guys like a thing or what?" Huh? 

"W-why would you even-- what made you ask that?" Carmela stuttered, raising her voice. That was so fucking random, and why did it matter to Hosi?

"I don't know, it just seems like something's going on..."

"What? H-how? Why would you think that?"

"Fuck, Carmela, maybe because you guys spent a night in the same damn bed and you freaked out over him getting with Roxana." 

Carmela's burning face twisted in anger as she stood up facing Hosi.

"Who do you think are, Hosi? Where are you getting this shit from?!" Carmela shouted. How did he know? God, this was so embarrassing. She had no idea things would float around this fast. And SHE WAS DEFINTELY NOT JEALOUS OF ROXANA!

Hosi hung his hands between his legs, and shook his dark ginger hair.

"This is not shit, Carmela. Literally everyone saw you at the mall! The way you too were fucking touching noses and holding hands! Even a blind person could see you guys have something going on!" Hosi stood up too, towering over Carmela, who was speechless by his words.

"What the hell? But why do you care, huh? WHY DO YOU CARE, HOSI?" She spat.

"Because! You can't just have sex with me and then throw me away like a piece of garbage! I know you and I fucked you and I... and I like you!" 

Carmela froze and she felt like someone had poured ice down her back. H-Hosi?

"I- I thought I made it clear that it was a mistake... Hosi, what--"

"That's all I'm gonna say, Carmela. That's all. But I can fucking assure you that you don't wanna end up getting with that bastard. But fuck whoever you want. Seems to be a habit." He angrily spat the words from his mouth, and stomped out of the room, leaving Carmela speechless. 

What just happened?

Did Hosi just say that? He liked her... after that stupid mistake? Carmela swore at herself for not controlling herself that night. That messed up night her dad died. She somehow expected this from Hosi though. To be honest it was actually surprising he hadn't said anything about their sex yet. She just didn't expect Tae would trigger him...

But weren't Tae and Hosi good friends? Then... why? They seemed like they were close, all the boys did. Maybe Tae and Hosi didn't get along too well, for some reason. Shit... maybe that reason was me....

Carmela sighed and rubbed her hot forehead. She looked at the time and jumped in panic seeing it was already 7. Fuck, the date with Jackson! Carmela groaned and smacked herself. Why even asked that random guy out... when she could only think about another. But then she remembered Roxana, and quickly dialed Jackson's number. Where would they go for their date though?

"Hey, Carmela." Jackson's voice came through the phone.

"Hey, Jackson! Ready for our drink tonight?"

"I will be. As soon as you tell me when to come, I'll come all over you..." His voice dropped to a sexy low, and Carmela rolled her eyes.

"Hahahaha." She forced out a laugh.

"Aight, so where we going?" 

"Flynn's Nightclub." Carmela blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Cool. Want me to pick you up, or--"

"No I can get there myself. Let's meet right now." She wanted to get this over with as fast as possible. 

"You got it, babe. See you in a bit!" Jackson said, and Carmela hung up the phone. Usually she was excited to go party, she did it almost every night before. But now things were different. She was busy. With her job and her new friends and... him.

She switched on the straightener on her dresser, and rushed over to the bags she threw on the floor. The red dress was nice. She just wished HE could see... Carmela's thoughts drifted to Tae again and she gasped as she realized something. 

Tae worked at that club. This date sure was getting interesting.