Chapter 03

(HEY everyone! Just a heads up, I changed Rose's name to "Carmela"! Hopefully you won't be confused:)) thanks for all the votes so far and the reads!! Also, i find it annoying to keep using f*** so i think im gonna go with the real word! Super excited for yall to read this dark mystery... hahahaaha -Roo)

Carmela lay the lilac blanket over Aunt Kass's body and stroked her tangled hair. The updo was gone, leaving a mess of stiff hair-sprayed spikes that looked like the head of one of those anime boy characters.

Carmela continued gently caressing her Aunt's locks until she could hear the steady soft breaths of a sleeping heart. She stood up and wiped her fingers under her swollen eyes, quietly exiting the room.

As soon as she entered her room, she grabbed her phone and dialed Jules' number. She couldn't be alone right and really needed her friend who was like a sister to her.

"Hey im gonna come over okay?" Carmela spoke with a tired cracking voice into the speaker as she brushed her bangs aside, rubbing her forehead.

"Yeah of course! You dont need to call before love," Jules' sweet tone lightened her heart and she muttered a thanks before throwing off her thin fuzzy sweater and replacing it with a black baggy hoody.

She stumbled out of the house and glanced down the street. It was too dark to walk and Carmela didnt feel like going on the bus again so she whipped out her phone and called Jules' step brother Hoseuk who had a car.

His cheerful growling voice blew up in her ear and she pulled the phone away from her.

"Heyyyy why the fuck is Carmela Lee calling me? What could i possibly do for you baby?" He ended softly, almost a whisper and Carmela gagged, regretting her decision calling this asshole.

"Listen, i needa ride. Im gonna crash at Jules' tonight." She said with gritted teeth.

"Ahhh i get it, i get it now... you wana ride with me, huh? Well imma come to you right now so sit still alright?" He laughed and Carmela heard the deep laughs of a few other douches in the background.

"Shut the fuck up Hosi. You know what never mind." She breathed wearily.

"Wait, wait, im sorry baby, didnt mean to upset you! Ill be right there." He hung up as Carmela let out an exasperated sigh. She had known Jules since the first day they wrre born. Their moms had met at the hospital as they both delivered their babies, and since then they basically shared houses. Jules had held onto Carmela when she had fallen into the deep hole of depression and supported her in every decision she had made. The only catch took place last year, when her mom had married another man and Hoseuk had entered their lives, stripping them from peace and their week long sleepovers.

Carmela rubbed her hands against her elbows up to her shoulders and waited in front of her house in the cool night air. She lifted her hood up and combed her bangs down to her eyebrows as Hoseuk's white truck pulled up in front of her, with blasting music that boomed loudly as Hoseuk slid down the window.

"Hey. Hurry up and get in." He pulled off his shades and switched off the music. Carmela cleared her throat and opened the back seat door and slumped inside, closing the door. The curly haired young man whipped around in his seat and frowned. Carmela buckled in, leaned back and closed her eyes.

"Why are sitting back there?" He turned back to the front and the car lurched forwards.

"I dont wanna look at your face." Carmela replied, eyes still closed.

Hoseuk scoffed. "Alright then. Wheres that snoopy old driver anyway? Im not your damn chauffeur."

"Hes sleeping. It was a long day. For all of us. Didn't Jules tell you? Or are you just not a part of that family anymore..." she brushed the tip of her stuffy nose as the car turned a corner.

"Yeah your dad died right?" He said carelessly. Carmela opened her eyes and gripped the shoulder of the seat in front of her.

"Im not ready for your shit today Hosi. Just shut up and drive." She leaned back again fidgeting her fingers.

"But why does it matter to you, he was a lousy asshole wasn't he-"

"Hoseuk, I said shut the fuck up and drive!" Carmela shouted and slammed her hand to the seat next to her. Her blood was boiling but she didnt say anything else.

Didnt he understand how frustrated she was right now? How much she hated herself for feeling sad for a man who had driven her life to hell? Who had cheated on his lover, sending her to suicidal death, just for the pleasure of his own dick?

Fuck my life

Carmela slumped in her seat, shutting her stinging eyes and listened to the quiet drum of Hoseuk's fingers against the steering wheel.

The car came to a stop and Carmela stirred awake. She heard Hoseuk's voice and a car door slam. Rubbing her eyes, she stepped out of the car and approached the familiar sandy bricked house of her best friend. Hoseuk walked up the white pillared porch and rang the bell. Carmela dragged herself behind him.

As soon as the door flew open, they were greeted by a beaitiful woman with dark braided hair that matched her flawless skin.

"Carmela! Come in honey! Come in!" She smiled widely as Hoseuk brushed past her into his house, and the woman gripped Carmela by the hand.

"Thanks Heather. Nice to see you." Carmela tried to soften her rough voice but she didnt feel any warmth in her body, no matter the things she reminded herself about her dad.

Heather gently guided her to the kitchen and pushed a warm cup of hot chocolate into her shaking hands.

"I know how much you love hot choco, so i couldn't help myself! Theres plenty more, drink up alright sweety?" Carmela stared at the brown steaming liquid in the blue mug in her hands and softly smiled. She knew she would feel better coming here. Heather was family.

The short gorgeous woman gently slid down the hood of Carmela's sweater and stroked the back of her head. Her glossy green eyes fluttered as they wandered over Carmela's sunken face.

"Why dont you go and see Jules? Shes downstairs waiting for ya. Go on now love." Heather patted her softly on the back as Carmela mustered a small smile before turning down the stairs to Jules' room in the basement.

Jules was lying on her bed on her stomach, kicking her feet as she tapped away at her phone. When Carmela walked in she sat up and crosses her legs, patting the space next to her.

Carmela slumped in and fell on the bed, laying her head on her friends lap, as she caressed her cheek.

"How you doin babe? All good?" Jules said in a hushed voice. Carmela squeezed her eyes shut for moment before opening them again and sighing.

"Yeah of course, I mean, man am i loving my life right now!" She let out a tired laugh and turned her head so she could see under the chin of her concerned friend.

"I just don't understand why he felt the need to come here? Why couldn't he just stay with his-" Carmela started, but her phone buzzed in her pocket and she groaned as Jules fished it out from her jeans.

"Its Fiana. Wanna pick up, or no?" Jules said reading the screen and handing the phone to Carmela.

"Fuck her Jules. She ruined my life. Dad only liked her 'cause shes good in his bed." Carmela shut her eyes and blocked the thoughts of the fights between her drunken father and sobbing mother, all because of that woman, Fiana. She felt a sting in her chest and longed for the feeling to go away, to return to her careless, strong self again, concealing her true emotions.

Carmela sat up from Jules' lap and pulled off her baggy black hoodie, leaving her with only a sparkly white bra. She turned to Jules and gave her a mischievous smirk.

"Lets go get drunk."