Chapter 33

"Ouch!" 

The tip of the hair straightener grazed Carmela's thumb and she turned it off. Her hair looked good enough, sleek and shinier from the pressed heat. She smothered on some lipstick and pushed a pair of white pearls into her ears. Looking at herself in the mirror, she felt jittery and excited at what the night would bring. 

Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at the caller and her heart jerked as she saw who it was.

*Curly Haired Asshole*

Taking a deep breath, she picked up the phone and brought it to her ear. 

"Tae? What's up?" She said.

But she could only hear music and a loud crowd in the background.  Was he at a party? Well.

"Carmela... hey, babe... not you Carmela, I'm talkin to this babe at my feet... I waz jus callin to ask.... how's your date goin? Good so far? Hehehe..." Tae's drunken slur growled in her ears, and she gasped.

"T-Tae! What the-- who's at your fee--" 

The call hung up and Carmela peeled it away from her ear. Whatever. He can go fuck whoever he wants. Any 'single' person should. Just shut up Carmela. Just go on your fucking date with Jackson.

She stomped out of the room, shoving her phone and wallet into her white mini backpack on the way to the door.

"JEROME? I NEED A RIDE!" Carmela shouted through the house.

Minutes later, the quiet man stepped out into the garage and started up the car. Sometimes Carmela felt bad for him, always ordering him to give her a ride. But hey, that's what you get for living in a house for free. 

"Carmela? Where are you going, love?" Aunt Kass said. Heather popped in beside her, smiling.

"Hm... you look beautiful! I have a feeling you're going on a date!" Heather said, as Aunt Kass's eyes went wide.

"WHAT?! YES CARMELA, YES MY GIRL! GO AND GET THAT BOY--"

Aunt Kass ran towards Carmela for a hug but Carmela quickly spun around and opened the door, running out before her aunt could crash into her. She popped her head back in though, grinning.

"Te amo Aunt Kass! Love you Heather! See ya!" She waved her hand and hurried over to the car.

She sat in the back seat, and Jerome drove them out along the street.

Hm. How was tonight's date gonna be like? Who fucking knows. Carmela was just planning on drinking and dancing a bit and then leaving. She didn't really want to touch Jackson though. It would feel... sort of guilty or... wrong. Is this how it feels when you like someone? Wait... did she really like Tae? 

"Carmela?" Jerome's voice scared her out of her thoughts.

"Y-yes Jerome?"

"I... well, is everything okay with Heather's family?" He asked nervously.

"What? What do you mean?" The fuuuuck... ?

"I mean-- is everything okay with Jules?"

"What the hell Jerome? Why wouldn't it be? And what do you know about Jules or Heather anyways?" 

Carmela was confused out of her mind. Jerome had talked to Heather and Jules like maybe three times, so what was he going on about? 

"Sorry if I've offended you. I just wanted to make sure Jules was okay." Jerome cleared his throat, as Carmela leaned forwards in surprise. What--

"Wait, why do you care if Jules is okay? Did something happen?" 

"Well.. n-no! Forget it Carmela, it's justsomethingIsawbut-- Whatever! It doesn't matter..." Jerome stumbled over his words and Carmela couldn't really understand him.