Chapter 08

Tae's Perspective:

Are you seriously serious? My poor soul literally blew up into a million big fat pieces when I saw her again. So, the little devil wants to audition, huh? Well, I sure as hell ain't letting her choreograph for my group! Some other company can take her, but I'd feel bad for them 'cause they have to put up with her crazy shit. 

She did seem a bit different at the club though. I expected her to fire up and start screaming at me again and continue ripping my poor hair out (i spent 3 hours at the salon to comb the style back into it!), but she just sat there with a weary smile, letting me say whatever I wanted. She wasn't... the same. Maybe she was just drunk. The last time, during our little blind date, she had literally exploded when I pointed her out for her unnecessary rudeness. I mean why come to the date if you're clearly not interested and can't be the least bit polite? I have NEVER met anyone so damn rude. I admit, I did start to like her when we were texting before we met, but I guess... she didn't feel the sam- what the fuck, no, I don't care! 

Here was the arrogant freak now, standing in front me, with a smile playing on her lips. I perched my elbow onto the table and lay my chin on the palm of my hand. This would be great. Prepare to be failed Carmela Lee.

"Alright... um Carmela... Lee. You can begin whenever you're ready." Roxana said. She impatiently swung the pen between her knuckles, clearly eager to get this over with like everyone else. I was so surprised when I saw her again. Coincidence much. When the girl walked in late and shouted in the middle of Roxana's intro, her face turned into a legit bright red tomato. I almost choked on my spit with surprise and amusement. Way to make an entrance.

Carmela nodded and lowered her dark eyes to the floor, positioning her arms in front of her. I didn't know what type of dance she was gonna do to the difficult beat Roxana had assigned them to, but it was probably full of shit.

A jazzy instrumental with a little hip hop background beat played in the room and I cleared my throat, silently cursing my fate of looking at her annoying face again. She looked up with determined eyes and jumped into a square stance and rolled her chest, doing a cabbage patch. Hmmm. It actually wasn't bad. She swung her hips and spun around, flowing with the beat. Her body bounced with the base, and swayed with the jazz. Hmmm. She was... okay. I glanced to the four entranced people beside me and scoffed at their awed faces. God, it literally wasn't even THAT good for fucks sake.

The girl dove to the floor and twirled around, feet in the air, carrying herself skillfully on her thin arms. Woah, didn't expect that. Roxana placed the pen down, and I actually saw her smile for a second. A big one. No

Wait... she was a b-girl? Holy fuck. My face felt flushed for just a second and I quickly crossed my arms, leaning back in the plastic chair. I quickly reminded myself of the pain I was in when the nasty woman she was with, yanked my hair and kneed me in the abs for no reason. 

As she jumped into a front flip, she suddenly lost balance and tripped, swinging her arms in circles to prevent the fall. I scratched my chin, trying to hide my satisfied grin from the rest of the shocked judges, and cough-laughed. That's perfect, Carmela. Keep doing that babe.

She recovered pretty fast though, blinking her eyes nervously. Good for her that the voting was mostly based on the choreography only. We want the best for our new band. Roxana's the lead choreographer of the group, Jade is a friend of mine and a professional contemporary dancer, Georgie's the sponsor and Eliza's in charge of the wardrobe. Oh and I was the first member. The manager, Jung Ko-man, gathered all five of us to quickly hire another choreographer so the group can debut straight away.

The blonde haired girl bent down, swaying her hip, dancing a butterfly... fuck. Was she seriously serious. I sat up quickly, coughing into my fist, trying to get my mind off her a-- Jade, the woman beside me, nudged me with her elbow.