Chapter 25

(Hey beautiful people! I hope you enjoy reading Dancing on Thin Ice:) I'd really appreciate it, if you guys give this book a shout out or recommend it to your friends, it would mean a lot to me!!! Alsooo, doesn't Tae look smokin HOT in blue hair thooo.... I literally died during Boy With Luv lmfao xoxox)

The soap on Carmela's hands dripped to the floor, as she stood facing Tae, lost for words. What the hell was she gonna do? Even she didn't know why on earth she said they were damn friends! UGH!!

She turned around and rinsed her hands in the sink.

"Carmela? Are you just not gonna answer me?" Tae spoke behind her.

"Look, I don't know why I said that. I was literally in a hospital bed feeling completely messed up so obviously I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying!" She blabbed.

"Right." He said but Carmela could hear a hint of humour behind the word. Oh, go to hell Taehyung.

Her cheeks felt hot again, but she heard him step away and wished this night would just end already and he could go home. Wait, they'd already eaten, so why wasn't he going home yet?

Carmela walked over to the dining table, where Aunt Kass was giggling over something on her phone.

"Who is that?" Carmela asked, wondering why her aunt was laughing like a little school girl.

"Huh? Oh  it's nothing, Carmela. Just telling dear Heather about everything."

"Oh. But then why were you laughing?"

"Why can't I laugh?"

"Um, just that tonight wasn't very-- you know what, whatever. So Jules is coming then?"

"Not now, no, no! Tomorrow they'll come, Jules and Heather and that cute little boy." 

Carmela rolled her eyes, but her heart did feel a little warm remembering Hosi's smile. And then all the boys' smiles flowed into her thoughts and she felt herself grinning.

"Hm, why are YOU laughing now, mija?" said Aunt Kass.

"Huh? I'm not. Anyway, when is our little guest leaving exactly?"

"Ah, yes! Let me get that sorted out right now! Taehyung? Love..." 

Aunt Kass quickly got up from her chair and hurried down the hallway to the bedrooms where Tae had wandered into. What the hell?

They had a small house, with only two little rooms for the both of them, and a room beside the tiny garage for Jerome. Their kitchen was the biggest area in the house, and the living room was stuffy because the T.V. and its table had taken up most of the corner. Carmela didn't mind it though. She didn't really care for money at all. It was like the dirt on her hand. It comes and then it goes. It will always do that. But Aunt Kass was different. The ladies at the police station are much wealthier, and Carmela knew Aunt Kass wanted to be like them. She wanted to be slim and have smooth hair and a perfect smile and a chauffeur like them. That's why she hired Jerome. They knew eachother a few years back during... Carmela's dad's and Fiana's engagement party. So Aunt Kass gave Jerome a place to stay and in return, he pretended to be their driver. Yeah, it's weird. But whatever. Life isn't interesting if nothing's weird.

Carmela rushed over to the hallway, and found Aunt Kass dragging Tae by the arm into a room. Wait... was that Carmela's room? Now, wait smokin sec...

"Hey--" She called, walking into her room. 

Tae was looking alarmed and confused on her bed. Aunt Kass turned around and faced Carmela with a wide smile. 

"Aunt Kass, what're you doi--"