Chapter 79

There they were.

Carmela felt a cold feeling slither up her back, as she peered up at the three boys. 

Jimin stood in the middle with a small smile on his slightly chubby face. A black headband was wrapped around the top of his forehead, his blonde permed hair sticking out. Ugh, Hosi was towering on the other side of him, his gold-rimmed shades resting on his sharp face. Jin had grown a little goatee at the bottom of his chin, and his brown hair flopped at both sides of his face. 

They looked different... yet the same. 

"Wow, it's been one hell of a long time, Carmela." Jimin said in a friendly tone, shifting his feet.

"Mhmm." Carmela squeaked out. She tried to unlock her choked throat, but felt weirdly emotional for some reason seeing Jimin and Jin. So many memories. But looking at Hosi made her mad, but sorry at the same time. Just the last visit... his behavior was too much. 

"How have you been doing? Hosi tells us JK here is living with you?" Jin asked, taking his hands out of his pockets.

"Yeah, I had a um... change of circumstances. It's cool though, she's like the sister I never had, haha." JK said nervously, nodding. Hmm, he wasn't telling them the whole story. They must not be so close anymore.

"That's cool. Very nice. So... Carmela, you have a job or somethin?" Jimin asked.

"Mhmm." Carmela nodded. She glanced at Hosi who was kicking something at his feet. 

"We missed you." Jimin suddenly said softly, smiling sadly and Carmela's heart lurched. "Where did you disappear off to?" 

"I just... yeah, just here and there." She nodded.

"Cool." Jin said, narrowing his eyes for a second before looking away.

She felt JK glance at her, as Hosi cleared his throat.

"Carmela?" Hosi spoke up, his raspy voice soft.

"Hm?" 

He gazed at her sadly for a moment, before stepping past Jimin and closer to Carmela. She froze, shocked at his nearness and was about to call out, when he leaned down close to her ear.

"I'm sorry. For last time. I'm really sorry, Carmela." He whispered.

"Whatever. Doesn't matter." Carmela replied. She stepped away from him and he went back into his place.

Jimin and Jin looked between them, confused and surprised while JK just twisted his fingers.

Then it was silent again. Everyone shifted in their spot, looking around the garden and awkwardly swinging their arms. Carmela stood still and gulped, her raw throat searing. 

"Jin? When are you going back to America?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh um... I don't know actually. I guess whenever it feels right to leave." He said, peering behind Carmela at Yoon's grave.

They all turned slowly, gathering around it, gazing sadly at the stone placed upon their friends' body.

"Wish Namjoon could be here." JK mumbled, his eyes glossy.

"They uh, let me bail him out. But he gets free in two days." Hosi said in a thick voice.

"Why why why?" JK turned to him.

"Got some paperwork or shit, I dunno." He shrugged.

"Who knew this would happen. Who knew any of this would happen." Jimin spoke in a small pitch, his teary eyes frozen on the grave. The other boys swung their arms over each others' shoulders.