Chapter 88

"How is this possible?" Rosa laughed, looking between them.

Carmela gazed at Roxana's familiar strong, beautiful face.

"It's been a long time, Carmela. Didn't think I'd ever see you again. I thought you left for good." Roxana said, ruffling her sweaty hair.

"Well... I didn't exactly plan on coming back. It was just sort of unexpected." Carmela smiled, scratching her arm. "But this is such a surprise seeing you!"

She turned around to Hosi standing in the back. "Hosi, did you know Roxana worked here?"

The boy gazed ahead at Roxana with hooded eyes, before answering Carmela.

"No. I had no idea."

"Oh." Carmela turned back to her old colleague. "It's so great seeing you again. When did you start working here?"

"Mmm, a couple years back. Right when basically everything and everyone fell apart." Roxana laughed.

"Ah." Carmela gave a small smile.

"No one else wanted anything to do with the choreographer of that band, even if I was the lead. And I don't blame them." Roxana said with a chuckle. "But I wanted to continue choreographing, and found a spot here."

"And I'm glad you did. We started dating as soon as I arrived." Rosa snuggled against the back of Roxana's neck.

"Yep, few months ago. I love it here, Carmela. Worked my way up as the head of the girl dancers."

"Wow, that's amazing." Was all Carmela could say. She thought about her own life after, as Roxana put it, everyone and everything felll apart. It was total depressive shit. But who could blame her? Roxana didn't lose a best friend.

And... a lover.

"So what about you? What're you doing?" Roxana asked, as Rosa caressed her shoulder.

"Oh um... just like odd jobs, here and there." Carmela nodded, twisting her fingers again.

"Hmm." Roxana stared at her for a moment, a sad look in her ocean eyes. "He really broke us didn't he?"

"Huh?"

"Taehyung, I mean."

Carmela froze.

"He broke our lives and... our hearts." Roxana said, her look darkening.

"Baby... let's not get into the past, hm?" Rosa said, lightly patting Roxana's arm.

"It's right in front of me, what should I do?" Roxana muttered, dragging a hand through her hair.

Carmela gulped, trying to regain her stability. That was right. Roxana had also loved Tae. She'd loved him as old classmates. It must've been... heart-breaking learning about what he'd done. Her left fist squeezed into a tight clench.

She sensed Hosi step forwards from behind her. A large warm hand wrapped over her fist, loosening it. His fingers eased into hers, until they were holding hands. Carmela felt a thud in her heart and for some reason, she couldn't look up at him next to her. She just stared at the floor.

"Wait, so Rosa, you and her are dating?" Hosi asked in a low voice.

"Si, we are. Dissappointed?" Rosa bat her lashes, smirking with her ruby red lips.

"You guys can fuck anytime though, I'm cool with it." Roxana laughed.

"Who said I wanna fuck her? I was just asking." Hosi grumbled, causing Rosa to pout. Carmela was surpised at his sudden angry mood.

He leaned down close to Carmela beside him and roughly asked, "Are we done here? Can we go?"

"What's wrong?" Carmela said queitly into his ear.

"Nothing, I just wanna--"

"I'm telling you, they're dating!" Rosa exclaimed.

"Are they now?" Roxana smirked, peering at Hosi. Carmela looked between them, confused.

"We're just friends, Rosa." Carmela sighed.

"Okay, okay. But tell me, Carmela, what you think of this job. You would work under Roxana and since you know each other, it's even better for you." Rosa said, flipping her silky long, curly hair over her tanned shoulder.

"Oh, I don't know..." Carmela chewed her lip, looking up at the strippers on stage.

"You should think about it. I know you, Carmela, and I know you'd make a great addition to the team. We need girls like you--"

"Girls like me?"

"Yes. Sexy and strong. That's what draws them in. And I know how capable you are of... drawing people in." Roxana said, but for some reason, her words seemed cold to Carmela.

"I-I'll think about it. Thanks, Rosa for your help. I'll come back if I wanna like... be a stripper, haha..." Carmela laughed nervously, tightening her hand around Hosi's.

"You know, you don't have to strip. You can just pole dance. Would you like a demonstration?" Roxana asked, putting her mask back on.

"A demonstration?" Carmela asked.

"Yes, a demonstration. But I need to get back to work up there. Rosa, do you mind?"

Roxana kissed her girlfriend on the cheek before she hopped back up onto the stage. A flurry of drunken cheers rang through the crowd as Roxana began twirling a spraying hose onto their jumping bodies.

"I can show you how we dance here, Carmela. All you need is a pole and no clothes." Rosa giggled with a sexy touch, her green eyes sparkling.

She walked over to Hosi and stopped right in front of him. He sighed and looked away from her, pulling Carmela closer to him.

"May I ask for your help with my dress, señor?" Rosa asked in a low voice, her ragged Spanish tone sending warm tingles down Carmela's legs.

"Why?" Hosi groaned.

"Why not?" She stepped nearer to him. "I am in dire need of a gentleman."

"Here, Carmela's a gentleman--"

"Wanna get beat up, huh?" Carmela snapped, shoving his hands off.

Rosa laughed and began to turn around in front of him. But Hosi suddenly grabbed her by the waist with both hands and spun her around. Rosa sucked in a sharp breath as his hands slid over her back, grasping the zipper at the top.

"Who said I'm a gentleman?" Hosi grunted in her ear. "And you sure as hell ain't a lady."

"How is that?" Rosa chuckled with Hosi's hands fumbling against her back.

"'Cause while your girlfriend's up there dancing for you, you're fuckin around with me."

Rosa stiffened and pulled away from Hosi. She gave him a glare, her long dark lashes widened. Then she undid the rest of her zipper herself, standing right in front of Hosi. Hosi gazed at her with lazy eyes, hands in his pockets.

"We have an open-end relationship if you must know. Although I thought it was pretty obvious." Rosa remarked.

Then she slid her arms out of her black dress, letting it drop at her heels.

Carmela stopped herself from snickering out loud, as she watched the show.

Poor Hosi.