Chapter 79

"W-what did you say?"

Lena's small frame was still molded against mine as she now clung on to me, seemingly tighter than she had before. Her breathing intensified by the second and the color almost drained from her face as she became pale before my eyes. I studied her face carefully as she sat still on my lap, her brows furrowing in a downwards motion while her once slanted eyes were now widened with shock.

"I think you heard me angel." I whispered cheekily, trying my best to get a laugh out of my dream girl. But instead of earning that million dollar smile that kept my heart beating every minute, her unreadable expression remained unchanged as she froze into a stiffened statue.

"D-did you remember something?"

She finally asked with hesitation after about a minute of raking every inch of my face with her eyes. And it was almost as if she were searching for the past me with a glimmer of hope buried deep in her eyes.

"No, actually it wasn't a memory. I- I think it will make more sense if I show you." I gave her a small smile, becoming slightly apprehensive at how she could possibly react to receiving my gift.

She held her deepened stare and it was as if every time I discovered a pet name from our past, I was only pouring alcohol on the fact that all of my memories hadn't returned.

I felt terribly guilty for disappointing her time and time again. But I had no choice but to remain hopeful that little black box on the kitchen island would snap her out of her trance and return the glow to her stunning face.

After Lena hadn't budged an inch at my suggestion and made no attempt what so ever to get off of my lap, I slid my two hands along each side of her thighs. I cupped her ass carefully to support her body as I rose from my chair, her arms hooking tighter around my neck as her gaze remained unbroken from mine.

Her lips parted just barely, almost as if she had a million things to say, except no words left her pretty lips as I carried her with ease into kitchen.

The wild unpredictable woman that had just spread her legs and pleasured herself for me on top of the dinner table was now no where to be found and was suddenly replaced with this vulnerable lost girl that wanted nothing more than for my old self to return.

I gently placed her down onto the surface of the island as she slowly loosened her grip from my neck.

She finally broke the eye contact between us as she slanted her eyes down to ground.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, shaking her head from side to side, before raising her gaze to meet mine once again.

"It's just been a little while since you've called me that. It kinda threw me off guard."

Her voice was soft but filled with emotion as she chewed her bottom lip, her cheeks pink with embarrassment from the way she reacted towards me.

"Lena no, I'm the one that should be sorry." I said quietly, "I'm the one that keeps getting your hopes up just to disappoint you."

I tucked a stray piece of hair carefully behind her ear as I pleaded my apology with desperation.

"The second all of my memories return and I'm back to my old self, you will be the absolute first person to know." My index finger traced the corner of her face as her dulled eyes gradually began to spring back to life.

"Do you promise?" She asked, adorably blinking her doe eyes up at me as she held out her pinky finger.

"Cross my heart and hope to die angel."

I hooked my finger with her own as I beamed down at her, finally earning that killer smile I was working so hard to see.

"Now I seem to have quite the collection of nicknames for you Lee. Are there any more that I should know about?" I chuckled as I let go of her pinky and placed my hands on each side of her hips.