Chapter 49

Lena POV

I stormed off leaving Austin behind as I made my way backstage towards the bathroom, locking myself inside.

I inhaled a heavy breath only to halt the thick tears from forming their way along the brim of my eyes. I took a long look in the mirror at my appearance as I tried to give myself an internal pep talk before I made my way back outside.

I swallowed hard as I ran my fingers though my curled hair, stifling the sobs I so desperately wanted to release. But I knew I had to be strong and thoroughly think though my actions. Now was not the time to be irrational though every part of me wanted to run and get on the first plane back to LA.

Just as I opened the door, I stopped in my tracks as I ran right into Natalie.

I sucked in a breath as I began to push past her but she just had to open her mouth and confront me as I was trying to be a bigger person.

"In case you didn't know, Austin and I are sort of a thing now. So I don't know what that was about back there but stay away from my man." She seethed as she eyed me up and down with pure disgust on her face.

"Fuck off Natalie. I don't need your shit right now." I rolled my eyes. "If he's your man, then why does he keep telling me nothing is going on between you?" I scoffed, making my way passed her and towards the entrance leading to the barricades of the front row.

I had a million words I wanted to say to her but I wasn't sure I could stop myself from scratching her eyes out if I started. So I walked away from her to my usual spot anytime I watched Austin perform.

I didn't know if I could handle seeing him front and center but I knew for a fact that I couldn't handle being backstage with Natalie right now. So I was going to have to try my best to make it through the entire show without letting any tears leave my eyes.

***** 

I want you out of my head
I want you out of my bedroom tonight
There's no way I could save you
'Cause I need to be saved, too
I'm no good at goodbyes

Austin kneeled down at the side of the stage, swallowing hard before he continued to the outro of the song. His eyes fixed on mine and I swear I saw a glisten in his irises that were even the bluest of blue from a few feet away.

Come back, come back, come backCome back, come back, come backCome back, come back, come backI'm no good at goodbyesCome back, come back, come backCome back, come back, come backCome back, come back, come backI'm no good at goodbyes

I'm no good at goodbyes
Come back, come back, come back
I'm no good at goodbyes

"Holy shit it sounds like he's saying come back instead of goodbye!"

I heard the voice of a female fan as she screamed over to friend next to her.