Chapter 88

"To new memories."

Lena mimicked my words as she grazed her pink lips along the side of my cheek before planting the softest of kisses along the surface of my face. I let my fingertips slither against her silky smooth skin, running them painfully slow over her raised goosebumps.

Her eyelashes fluttered as she blinked, wisping them against my eagle tattoo as she buried her face into the crook of my neck. I felt her own delicate fingers slither slyly against the side of my torso as we laid in a still but comfortable silence.

"You just can't leave my milkshake alone, can you angel?" I chuckled, my words slipping from my mouth without even a second thought.

Lena instantaneously raised her head, her entire body perking up at she let out a small but audible gasp. I briefly squeezed my eyes shut as the realization dawned onto me that she wasn't the only one between us that hadn't been completely honest with the other person.

"You remember that?" She wrinkled her nose, in an almost curious way, somehow suspecting that I hadn't told her every single time I had a flashback.

"Yeah." I just barely hung my head, hoping my blue puppy dog eyes would once again free me from any sort of conflict with the woman of my dreams.

"Well well well rockstar, looks like I'm not the only one with secrets." She wiggled her eyebrows playfully, as she chuckled to herself, not upset in the slightest as she rolled her eyes upwards.

"It sort of came to me right before we were about to have sex for what I thought was the first time and I didn't want anything to ruin the moment between us." I swallowed hard, hoping she wasn't under the impression that I didn't want to share all of my memories with her. But her attitude was lighthearted as if she couldn't even find it in herself to blame me for keeping it to myself.

"It's okay babe, I'm just so happy you're getting your memories of us back. That's the only thing that matters. I don't want any more secrets between us. Just promise me from now on, you'll tell me every time you remember something." She ran her finger slowly along the sword tattoo on the side of my face before she leaned in to peck my lips.

"I promise angel. No more secrets." I mumbled in between kisses, soothing her with my vow as I held her just a bit tighter in my arms.

"So what else have you been remembering rockstar? Are you sure you haven't remembered me completely?" She teased as she poked fun at me, a playful glimmer in her eye as she anticipated to hear my next words.

"I'm positive babe. When I remember you completely, trust me, you'll know. There's no way I'm going to be able to keep that from you." I laughed at her adorable excitement.

"Well to be quite honest with you, most of them come to me late at night and I was under the impression that I was having these wildly inappropriate sex dreams about you when in reality, they were all flashbacks." I shook my head, finally able to decipher my unexplainable fantasies.

"But everything makes sense now. I didn't realize it before but it was clear as goddamn day that you were my girl Lee."

Lena gave me a small smile, not having grown tired of hearing me call her those two special words.

"The way you looked at me, the way you cried for me, how I instantly felt this attachment to you without even knowing your name. I can't believe I didn't see it for myself." I shook my head, wondering how I could be so blind to what had been right in front of me.

"I've been your girl this whole time Austin."

"It should have been a dead giveaway when you didn't even try to cover up when I saw you half naked in my bath tub." I laughed under my breath, smirking slyly down at my angel.