Chapter 76

Lena stared up at me with those big brown eyes, stood tall on her tip toes and gently pecked my lips. I closed my eyes for a split second to savor the softness of her pillow lips melting against mine. Her warm tongue slyly slipped into my mouth but only for a moment before she instinctively pulled away, turning gracefully on her heels and confidently made her way towards the direction of the kitchen.

I stood still in my place, my fingers brushing over my burning lips as I tried to swallow the residual sex appeal that she generously left behind. The kiss was soft but determined. Almost as if she were giving me some sort of preview or warning for what was yet to come.

If I was about to lose my fucking mind over this woman just from her kissing me alone, I truly had no idea what was in store for me if things heated up any further between us.

I ran my fingers stressfully through my hair, smoothing my curls before I reentered the kitchen myself to join the rest of the team.

My eyes inavertendly searched for Lena, noticing her standing across the room, leaning against the island as her cheeks blushed a deep red. She tucked a loose strand behind her ear as she giggled quietly with Vanessa, and it was only right for me to assume she was filling her in on what was going on between us.

I smirked to myself as I knew she was probably gushing about our many morning kisses and not to mention, our date tonight.

Our first date.

A swarm of butterflies entered my stomach as the realization dawned on me that I actually had a chance with my dream girl and I couldn't exactly count on myself to not fuck the whole thing up.

My gaze followed her every move as she picked up a filled glass of mimosa, taking a delicate sip as she just barely stole a glance from me.

We shared a discreet smile with each for just a short but sweet moment before we both looked away.

I reached for another drink from the counter top just before I sank into an empty seat. But I soon felt an intrusive pair of eyes boring a dark hole into my mind.

My eyes slowly trailed the room, bouncing from person to person until they finally landed on where the negative energy was feeding from.

Chris.

His gaze was fixed and hardened and there was almost a hatred in his eyes as he continued his peculiar glare from across the island.

I threw back half of my mimosa as I tore my gaze from his, trying to puzzle together what sort of riff was going on between us. Did we have a falling out before my accident? Did I say something to upset him? Or was I just imagining things and misinterpreting his facial expressions?

But him attempt to strike up a conversation with me reassured me that in fact, I was not imagining anything at all and his attitude was as sour as ever as he spoke to me.

"So Austin, get any memories back?" His voice was smug almost as if he were taunting me with his question. He took a few steps closer, his eyes darting from me to Lena as I furrowed my brows at his sudden curiosity.

"Uh- here and there. They're slowly coming back to me but I'm still pretty lost and feel like I'm trying to figure shit out." I chuckled lightly.

"Well Lena seems to be doing a good job with helping you figure shit out." Chris shot back, his tone now dripping with disdain as he returned his gaze to me.

"Might wanna be careful with her, she's nothing but a little cock tease." The tone of his voice dropped low as he mumbled only quiet enough for me to hear him.