Chapter 34

I tiptoed up the remaining stairs and made my way down the hall to Austin's bedroom, closing the door behind me. Once I reached inside his connecting bathroom, I stripped off my clothes and anxiously turned on the shower, suddenly in desperate need of the hot relaxation.

I stepped inside, letting the steaming water wash over my sore body as I finally let out a heavy sigh.

My mind was currently running in an array of different directions and I felt my heart being torn in two as his words replayed in my head.

"You're too good for me Lena. I don't deserve you."

How could he even think that?

Here I was, can't eat, can't sleep, head over heels, swept off of my feet in love with him. He was everything I could possibly want in a man and more.

He was kind and thoughtful and funny and humble. But the thought of letting him in made my head spin and made my stomach turn all at once. And now that I was certain he had feelings for me, I was more lost than ever. Was I even ready for this roller coaster of emotions?

What made things a million times worse was that Austin was perfect. And he deserved someone who could give him a commitment. Something I wasn't sure I could do.

But even though I knew I should walk and away and leave him the hell alone, I couldn't help myself. I was selfish when it came to him and now that we had finally slept together, I don't know how I could possibly go back to just being his manager.

If I ended things, I wouldn't be able to handle constantly being around him and I would indefinitely have to quit my job.

Nice Lena, way to think things through. Not only do you lose the man you love, but your ass is going to be unemployed.

I felt stuck. But either way, I didn't know if a relationship with Austin was even an option. I knew I was being stubborn and I knew I was completely hard headed but did I want to get myself involved with an infamous rockstar?

My worst fear was pouring my all into him just for my heart to get crushed in the end. But now things were becoming more complicated by the second and now I had to worry about hurting him.

And that was the last thing I wanted to do.

I turned the water off and grabbed a fresh towel that was hanging just outside the walk in shower. I dried myself off and wrapped it around my body before walking back into Austin's bedroom.

I rolled my eyes as I realized I forgot to stop by my room and bring a fresh set of clothes with me but I figured Austin wouldn't mind if I stole one of his shirts to wear while we ate breakfast.

I opened one of the drawers of his dresser, picked out out a black Carhartt tee shirt and pulled it over my naked body.

I peaked outside the door to see if anyone else was awake before I quietly exited his room and headed down the stairs.

I froze halfway down the staircase as I saw none other than Natalie sitting on a bar stool at the very island I was just bent over and fucked on, enjoying the pancakes that Austin had made for us.

Just my fucking luck.

My eyes physically hurt from how hard I rolled them to the back of my head as I saw her twirling her stupid hair as she spoke to Austin.

"I had no idea you could cook Austin! These are amazing." She giggled, her annoying high pitched voice echoing the room as she stared at him with "fuck me" eyes.

His gaze immediately shifted to me, doing a more than obvious double take, as he completely ignored what Natalie was saying.

His eyes raked my body from head to toe as he saw me wearing nothing but his tee shirt that went halfway down my thighs.