Chapter 4

I blinked carefully as the incredibly mysterious stranger I was trying my best to figure out, slowly walked away from me.

My palms were clammy and my heart was racing a mile a minute.

My feet felt like wet cement as I struggled to pick them up and walk the remaining distance to my temporary bedroom.

I swear I could still feel his warm breath traveling along my exposed collarbone and the tiny goosebumps forming on my skin as his voice echoed in my repeatedly head.

No Lena. No. Don't even go there.

I sighed as I shook the thoughts out of my head. I sank onto the soft bed and pulled my computer onto my lap, as I attempted to tackle my to do list before my very first Post Malone concert that evening.

I aimlessly scrolled through the shared management email account, trying my best to catch myself up on all of the upcoming projects Austin was interested in pursuing.

Between clothing apparel, accessories, Bud Light and many other companies, one thing was clear.

This man was busy.

But my scattered mind kept bouncing back and forth between working for Austin and working for Austin.

His short curls that perfectly framed his face, his stunning baby blue eyes, his pouted pink lips that were always a distraction, his confident demeanor whenever he walked into a room.

Jesus Lena, what is wrong with you? The man barely has been nice to you and you think he's attractive? Get it together

I forced myself back to reality as I clicked away on the keyboard, replying to a few big brands Austin was hopefully going to collaborate with after his tour.

I pulled out my phone and texted my good friend, Brian, who was a big time movie producer. He worked with the biggest names in Hollywood and I knew he would be able to get Austin a role.

I put my phone down and threw my head back against the pillow, trying to wrap my head around what I had gotten myself into.

I knew I needed to ignore whatever this feeling was in the pit of my stomach, whenever Austin looked at me.

I was never the type to ever mix business with pleasure and I wasn't about to start now. Especially when this job meant so much for my career.

Besides, he didn't even seem like he gave a fuck if I was here or not.

I was just another person on his payroll that he had to associate himself with.

I disregarded the slight disappointment brewing in my mind as I thought about how cold he behaved towards me during our handful of encounters.

I abruptly turned my head towards the direction of the door as I heard a soft knocking against it.

"Come in."

"Hey Lee. How's your day going?" Adam spoke up as he cracked the door open and peaked his head inside.

"Hey Adam! It's going pretty well, just trying to get some shit done before the show." I cracked a smiled at the familiarity of his kind face. 

"Your very first Post Malone show! Are you excited?" He grinned as he looked down at me. 

I inhaled a breath, "Yeah I can't wait. I mean I'm not extremely familiar with his shit but I'm looking forward to seeing him perform live." I honestly say. 

"You're probably the only girl your age that isn't familiar with his shit." Adam chuckled. "But you're gonna love it, Austin is freaking crazy live. Jay said he's going with him to sound check so you can ride with me tonight, I'm leaving at seven." He said before he started to close the door.