Chapter 95

Lena POV

My endless flow of tears finally came to a stop as the man of my dreams held me in his warm embrace. He gently rubbed my back in circular motions, the pads of his fingertips felt like ice cubes melting along my exposed skin. I buried my face into his neck, my wet eyelashes brushing softly against the eagle tattoo on his neck as I inhaled his comforting scent into my lungs.

He was my prince charming, my knight in shining armor, my safe haven. And most importantly, he was my future.

"My sweet girl."

The hum of his rasp blanketed my shoulders and I wanted nothing more than to live in his arms for the rest of my lifetime.

I raised my head from the crook of his neck, my gaze dancing with his as he swept my face with his eyes, looking for some sort of sign that I was okay. The worry in his eyes only slightly vanished once I found my voice to answer him.

"You're the sweet one, rockstar."

I gave him a weak smile, my hand lifting to run through his short baby curls that were starting to form since his recent haircut. He purred quietly under my touch before leaning forward to place a soft peck onto my lips. He quickly pulled away but only to mumble softly against them, his sweet words wisping their way down to my soul.

"Lena, when I first met you, I saw this funny, beautiful, confident woman. And I couldn't help but think that's  what made me fall so deep in love with you. And while I love your humor, your beauty, and your confidence, I've come to realize that your strength, your resilience, and your ability to remain soft and kind after you have been through so much loss, is what I admire the most. I was so lost and confused when I learned I had amnesia after my accident. I had no idea who you were but you were so sure, so certain about our relationship that I trusted you in a heartbeat without even giving it a second thought. You were so strong for the both of us and you fought your hardest to make sure I came back to you." He paused to brush a strand of hair from my eyes.

"I can't imagine my life without you, I won't. Baby, I'm in this for the long run. I want you forever, for the rest of eternity. I'm never going to hurt you and I need you to know that. I need you to know that I won't ever leave you." 

His words were sincere and his eyes kind and soft as he spilled his promises to me and for once in my life, I believed the man that was making them.

"I trust you. I trust you with all of my heart." I managed a whisper before melting my lips into his with a gentle passion.

His mouth parted instinctively as he allowed my tongue to swirl sweetly with his own as my trembling fingers moved to foolishly fumble with the buckle of his belt.

He swiftly pulled away from me, breaking the hot kiss between us, his sparkling ocean eyes squinted as they locked with me.

"Lena." He muttered my name almost as a question, as if he were asking me if I were sure about what I was doing. He raked my eyes with his own, searching for clarification of my actions. But the raw emotion that was still pumping in my veins needed to be let out in the best way I knew how.

I brought my index finger to his lips as I tugged on the piece of leather, my small gesture being more than enough to assure him that this was what I wanted.

While my hands carelessly tugged at the buckle, my lips crashed into his as I passionately kissed him, our tongues wildly thrashing together as I poured all of my feelings into him.

His strong hands inched up my skirt, not bothering to take it off as he slyly moved my panties to the side, willingly going along with my crazed antics.