Chapter 22

As I closed the door to Austin's room, I groaned to myself at the internal voices screaming back and forth in my mind.

I leaned the back of my head against his door in pure frustration as I reveled in my thoughts.

My hand went to my mouth and I grazed my lips that were still burning from our heated kiss.

My heart clenched as I kept picturing the near sadness in his eyes when he thought I forgot to kiss him.

But the truth is, I simply didn't forget.

I chose not to kiss him.

Last night became much too deep, deeper than I had anticipated.

He ignited feelings inside of me that I was trying so hard to deny. If I refused to acknowledge them, then that meant that they didn't exist, right?

I stupidly thought that if I didn't kiss him, I would somehow manage to stop my naive heart from falling head over fucking heels for him.

But as soon as he flashed those baby blues at me, I was a pathetic melting puddle in his hands and I helplessly surrendered my lips to him without even a second thought.

I shook my head and mustered the strength to pick up my heavy legs and lead myself away from Austin's door before anyone saw me.

I clutched my laptop and charger in one hand and my coffee cup in the other as I made my way down the stairs.

Once I reached the bottom of the staircase, I noticed Smitty, Vanessa and Natalie were already awake and in the living room along with Chris.

Jesus, how long was I up there for?

I rolled my eyes to myself as I somehow always let time get away from me when I was with Austin. 

"Morning guys." I called as I made my way to the kitchen to free my full hands.

Everyone reciprocated their scattered greetings as I brought my cup to the sink and then placed my laptop on the kitchen island. I pulled out the bar stool took a seat to finish replying to some emails.

My nose was buried into the screen while I scrolled through the contract that was sent in from Arnette Sunglasses, as Austin's silhouette barely caught my eye as he came down the stairs.

He was freshly showered and wore a white tee shirt with light denim jeans. His curls were defined and a smile was plastered across his face. He went straight to the living room to chat with everyone as I continued to run through the contract in front of me.

After a short while, I noticed him making his way into the kitchen and walk towards the direction of coffee maker. I was in the middle of clicking away on my phone while he poured half of a cup of coffee and and smoothly slid into the empty seat next to me.

"Hey." He said as he brought the mug to his pink lips.

The smell of his expensive cologne in combination with fresh linens lingered in the air as he shifted his seat closer to mine. Our arms were braced against each other and the warmth of his body began radiating against mine. My head began to spin and I lost my train of thought as I held my phone in hands.

"Hey." I replied, with a small smile, glancing over to the living room to see if anyone was paying us any mind.

"I'm texting Brian about coming over later on tonight. I'm excited for you two to finally meet." I said, looking over to Austin's handsome face.

"Tell him to come to the concert tonight. It would be crazy for him to come to the after party here and not the show." Austin suggested as he shrugged his shoulders.