Chapter 69

I watched Lena's stunning dark irises became glassy as they remained skinned with surprise while she longingly wondered up at me. I couldn't tell if she was excited or just in pure shock as her expression was simply unreadable.

Her mouth was dropped to the floor and her body continued to tremble as I saw her struggle to form her words.

But I knew for certain she was more than pleased with what I had just told her as she suddenly wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into her embrace.

I inhaled deeply, burying my nose into her hair, hoping that it would somehow force out another memory, but unfortunately it did not seem to work like that.

I circled my arms around her waist, holding her against my body for the second time since I arrived home. Words couldn't even begin to explain how good it felt having her in my arms. Foreign yet familiar.

I found myself wondering yet again how it was possible for me to have stayed away from her before the accident. I mean things couldn't be completely innocent between us could they?

But Lena soon pulled me out of my tangled thoughts as she broke away from me, obviously emotional over my remembrance.

"Tell me exactly what you remember, tell me everything." She said excitedly, a widened smile now at her pink lips as she reached for a piece of sushi.

"It was strange." I shook my head from left to right as she popped the sushi into her mouth.

"It was like the sushi was some sort of trigger. As soon as I tasted it, I saw you. I saw us. It was only for a split second but it was.. mind blowing. Like suddenly I remembered that single moment." I smiled, ecstatic that I finally seemed to get a part of my life back. Even if it was short lived, I had my first memory of the beautiful woman that sat across from me and it was only the beginning of discovering our story. "We were sitting on a couch together having dinner. I was smoking a cigarette when I saw your tattoo. It was so- vivid.

"Austin this is amazing. I can't tell you how big this is, I'm literally so happy. You're going to get your memories back, all of them. I'm sure of it." She exclaimed."

"We should cheers." I picked up both glasses in my hands, holding them up before handing one to her.

"To your first memory of me

"To your first memory of me." She grinned widely, clinking our glasses together.

"And to many more." I muttered before we each took a sip of the delicious wine.

I watched as she lit up, her face glowing with joy as she dwelled on the fact that I now had a glimpse of our past.

But regardless of how you looked at it, my friendship with Lena was still a puzzle to me, and so far I had only collected one piece.

I wanted more. I needed more. I had to remember her.

"So since you claim you know me so well, how about you prove it?" I asked, wanting to reel more information out of her and hopefully get more of my memories back.