Chapter 63

After we decided to head back to the house, I took a lengthy nap followed by a long awaited shower in mine and Austin's bathroom before I was going to start my quest in sweeping our shared bedroom of any remnants of mine.

I allowed the hot soapy water to trickle down my exhausted body as I washed the remaining shampoo from my dark wavy hair.

I grabbed a white fluffy towel from the rack outside of stand up shower and carefully dried my wet locks before wrapping it around my torso.

I walked back into the bedroom, a heaviness sitting on my chest as I looked around the empty space. I sank down onto the unmade bed, the sheets still imprinted from our night of passion and our tease of a morning, just before the love of my life was stolen from me.

I felt the tears forming in my eyes but instead of letting them routinely fall down my cheeks, I inhaled a breath and shook my head. I needed to be strong, for myself and for Austin. And for my future with him. So instead, I swallowed the pain, pulled the towel from my body, and grabbed for my clothes that were laid on top of the bed.

I pulled on a pair of ripped black jeans and a black long sleeved lace top. I blow dried my hair straight and put a bit of makeup on my tired face, trying to make myself look more alive. I put on a pair of heeled ankle boots and took a look in the mirror before I gathered my small amount of belongings that had accumulated in the bedroom.

Thankfully I hadn't fully moved in yet and most of my things were still in the guest room down the hall.

I struggled to carry everything in my two arms while also I attempted to open the door knob at the same time. My heart nearly hurled out of my chest as I manged to make my way out and crash into the person on the other side of the door all at once. All of my belongings went flying to the ground as I gasped, muttering many apologies as I realized who I had bumped in.

"Mr. Post! I am so sorry. I didn't see you there. I'm extremely clumsy, I'm sorry again." I fretted as I frantically apologized to the father of the man that was the root of my frazzled mind.

"It's okay sweetheart, it's actually my fault. And call me Rich, please." He answered with the kindest smile, reminding me of Austin's as he blinked down at me.

"Rich." I said quietly with a small nod as he helped me as I picked up the scattered belongings from the ground.

"You must be the woman my son is madly in love with. Lena right?"

His words caught me by utter surprise as I had not a single clue that Austin had told his family about me.

"Oh- I- I guess I am." I tripped not so gracefully over my words as I hadn't imagined meeting Austin's parents under these circumstances, and so soon at that.

"He told you about me?" I couldn't help but ask as I picked up my hairbrush from the floor.

"He did. We text or FaceTime almost every single day, of course he told me about all about the girl he's completely smitten over." He chuckled.

"All good things I hope." I warmly smiled at the man, feeling much less nervous than I had anticipated.

"Trust me, he was much too busy rambling about how wonderful you are to say anything bad." He laughed as he reached down to pick up the box that housed my new watch, the word Rolex stamped across the front in thin cursive letters.

"Moving out so soon?" He raised his brow as he placed it carefully in my hands.

"I- um- I don't want to confuse him. I think it's best for him to remember me on his own. I don't want to tell him to have feelings for me. I want him to feel it on his own." I confessed as I shrugged my shoulders.