Chapter 65

I opened my mouth to answer Austin but I couldn't seem to grasp the right words to respond as my heart clenched in my beating chest. His piercing ocean eyes scanned my face as if he were trying to memorize every single detail, just in case he ever forgot me again. The silence was calming yet beautiful as we dove into each other's gazes, for the millionth time, but for him, it probably seemed as if this was only the beginning.

Maybe this wasn't so bad after all. I mean sure, the man of my dreams lost all of his memories of us and doesn't know that we are in fact dating and crazily in love with each other.

But hey, I mean on the bright side, not only do I get to help him remember all of our sweet moments and inside jokes, but I get to remind myself of all of the million reasons I fell in love with him in the first place.

"How did you get here by the way?" Austin asked, changing the subject as things got a little too quiet between us. But of course, I was too busy doing backstrokes in those baby blues to even pay attention to what he was saying.

My name smoothly rolled off his tongue as he attempted to pull my attention back to the real world while I was unable to do so myself as I was the one that was seemingly falling in love all over again.

"Lena."

"Hmm? Oh- sorry I-"

"You were staring." He smirked, a wonderful look of fulfillment creeping onto his face.

"I mean I'm cute but I'm not that cute." His eyes rolled upwards as he teased me.

"I wasn't staring

"I wasn't staring. I just zoned out for a second." I defended myself though I was lying through my freaking teeth.

"Yeah zoned out and fell face first into my beautiful blue eyes." He chuckled as I fake scowled as his poking pure fun at me.

"They're not that blue." I protested, continuing my false front as I rolled my eyes, almost embarrassed that he caught me. But he we both knew I was trying to bullshit my way out of my shame.

"Yes they are Lena. I've only lost the past six months of my life. I remember how mesmerizing my eyes can look." He went on, clearly fucking with me as we laughed together.

"You're full of yourself rockstar." I smiled, still not owning up to getting trapped into his irises. "And to answer your question, I took an Uber." I shook my head, trying not to get lost in him yet again as I forced myself to break my steady gaze away from his handsome face.

"An Uber? Not to sound like I'm a bragging asshole but I have like ten different cars in my garage. Why didn't you drive one of them here?" He asked me with concern as he finished off the reminding sip of his beer.

I took the empty can from him and placed it back into my purse, before I tucked a loose strand of straightened hair behind my ear as I answered him.