Chapter 16

Austin quickly pulled himself away from me as we heard the back door slowly sliding open once again. He turned away as he began to gather the snacks that were scattered on the kitchen island.

I quickly turned around, my hand reaching for the cold bottle of wine that was opened many moments ago.

I looked up to see Chris walking inside, with an empty cooler in his hand.

"We are all out of cold ones believe it or not!" He exclaimed as he closed the door behind him.

Austin's side was facing me so I couldn't fully see his expression. But he seemed significantly more calm than I was.

I knew I was definitely flushed from the close call of getting caught and the undeniable unresolved heat that was still in the air between Austin and I.

The adrenaline running through me was unlike anything else and I hoped we didn't look like we were guilty of anything in Chris's eyes.

I watched Austin's hand go down to the front of his pants, adjusting yet another boner I had caused. 

I smirked to myself, feeling almost proud of how much I turned him on.

But I quickly wiped the grin off my face before I cleared my throat, and turned my attention to Chris.

"Well you guys are throwing them back like nobody's business." I chuckled softly as I poured the Moscoto into two glasses for me and Vanessa.

"Are you seriously switching to wine? C'mon Lena." He rolled his eyes at me jokingly.

"What? It's Wine Wednesday." I shrugged as his eyes struggled from dropping down to my body.

"True. Well as long as you're drinking, you won't get in trouble." He grinned as he opened the fridge to fill up the small cooler.

"Deal." I shook my head as I pressed the cork back into the bottle. "Hey can you put this in the fridge for me?" I asked as I walked towards him.

"Yeah of course." He said as he took the wine bottle from my hands, placed it on the top shelf, and closed the fridge.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom while I'm in here." Chris said as he placed the full cooler on the counter.

"I can take it out there." Austin said in a dry voice, not making eye contact with Chris.

"Thanks man." Chris answered before he disappeared into the hallway.

Austin dropped the bags he was holding and turned to face me. He carefully made his way back over to where I was standing. His slow footsteps made me tense as his expression was nearly indescribable.

 His slow footsteps made me tense as his expression was nearly indescribable

I swallowed hard as my gaze was fixed on him, unsure what his next move was.

Once he reached me, he possessively grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. I instantly gasped, my hands going to his chest as I stared into his dark eyes. I could tell he wasn't happy and he was not hiding it in the slightest.