Chapter 72

"Lena you work for me. This is highly unprofessional and inappropriate. I'm going back to bed."

That's what I should I have said. That's what I was supposed to say. But hell she just looked so goddamn breathtaking and no man in their right mind would have been able to walk away from her and not live to regret it. And apparently when it came to Lena, it was nearly impossible for me to say no to her.

Instead of making the conscious decision to turn around, instead I tugged my joggers to the ground, refusing to break the intense eye contact between us.

I absentmindedly mimicked her actions and followed her into the hot tub, the warm water not doing any justice to the goosebumps that littered my body.

"You coming in rockstar?"

I squinted my eyes as I continued to stare at her, her words echoing in my head with some sort of familiarity.

"Did you just remember something?" She asked quietly, her eyes slightly dilating in the dimness of the moonlight.

"No." I shook my head truthfully as I swallowed the lump sitting in my throat. "It was more of a feeling of- deja vu."

"Cause you want me and I want you?" Her playful words caught me off guard as she slowly made her closer to me.

"What did you say?" I asked, ensuring I heard her correctly, but instead she chuckled, her beautiful smile radiating from her plump lips.

"You don't recognize your own lyrics rockstar?" She softly giggled as it dawned on me she was only quoting my song off of Stoney.

"Oh, you're talking about my song." I nervously laughed, "I always forget about that one to be quite honest since I never perform it. You really are my biggest groupie huh?"

She was only inches away from me as she bit down onto her bottom lip.

"Your favorite groupie as a matter of fact." She adorably rolled her eyes upwards. "But just so you know, you only call me that cause when we met I only knew two of your songs and then immediately fell in love with your music."

She raised her hand from the water and ran her wet fingers through my hair, smoothing my wild bed head curls that were sticking up in every direction.

"You always look so sexy when you roll out of bed." She said, my heart pounding away at her touch.

I wanted nothing more than to grab her by her small waist, push her body up against the side of the hot tub and explore her mouth endlessly with my own but I fought my dying urge, tooth and nail with every aching bone in my body.

"You think I'm sexy?" I raised my brow, slightly smirking at her compliment as I hopes my cheeks were burning too obviously through the darkness.

"Yeah I do." She shyly smiled, "Since the very first moment I saw you."

"I wish I could remember the moment I saw you for the first time Lena." I mumbled, our bodies barely inches from each other but far enough to not touch.

"Well it was a better first impression than when you saw me for the first time after the accident." She chuckled. "No makeup, puffy red eyes, tears running down my face-" She went on just before I cut her off, my hand going to her face to brush a strand of hair from her eyes.

"And somehow you were still able to take my breath away groupie."

The steam from the hot water surrounded us as we drowned into each other, unspoken words fighting to leave my mouth as she placed her hand gently against my bare chest.