Chapter 3

I scrambled frantically through the heaps of heavy blankets in pure annoyance to turn off the alarm clock blaring loudly from my phone. After several minutes of suffering from the dreadful noise, I finally found my phone, peeled my exhausted eyes open and slid my finger across the screen, silencing the ear piercing sound.

"Ugh." I groaned to myself as I knew I had less than minimal time to drag my tired body out of the warm bed and get ready to start my first day. 

I sat on the edge of the bed and tiredlessly rubbed the sleep out of my burning eyes. I let out a disgruntled sigh and managed to make my way to the bathroom and take a long look in the mirror. I gathered my bed head into a high bun, piled on the top of my head and stripped my clothes off, anxious for a steaming shower that would hopefully wake me up.

As the hot water hit my skin, my heart suddenly dropped to floor as I remembered my meeting with Austin just last night. 

Was he always that serious? 

He was probably just startled from your unexpected presence in the middle of the dark kitchen at two o' clock in the morning Lena

I rolled my eyes to myself as I poured the raspberry body wash I brought onto the pouf. Though I wanted to take my usual thirty minute shower, I knew I didn't have the time to waste on my very first day of work. 

I turned the shower off and slid open the foggy glass door just before I wrapped myself in a fluffy white towel and made my way back into the bedroom to pick an outfit for the day. I settled on a pair of black jeans, a white long sleeve bodysuit, and a black heeled boots. I did a quick rushed through makeup look and pulled the hair band from my bun, letting my long brunette hair fall loosely down my back. 

I walked over to the bedroom door and took a deep breath and before I reached for the door knob. 

I walked out towards the familiar kitchen to see a small group of people crowded around the island. Jay's eyes shifted towards my direction as I slowly came into his view and he opened his mouth to greet me.

"Lena! Hey good morning. Let me introduce you to everyone!" He grinned as he gestured for me to join the group. I nervously walked closer as they all turned around, facing their attention on me. 

"Good morning. Hi everyone, I'm Lena." I smiled at the group who for the most part was smiling back. 

"This is Smitty, Chris, Jeremy, Natalie and Vanessa." Jay explained as everyone waved at me and said their friendly hello's. 

"Guys this is Lena, she's going to be joining me and Chris on the management team." 

I couldn't help but notice Austin wasn't up yet, but I quickly pushed the thought from my mind. 

"It's nice to meet all of you." I beamed, feeling more relaxed at how chill everyone seemed. I noticed Adam wasn't awake either however I wasn't surprised in the slightest as he was never a morning person. 

"Lena come sit down, do you want some coffee?" Vanessa asked as she pointed for me to sit down and proceeded to grab a empty mug off of the counter. 

I gave her a warm smile. "Coffee would be great, thank you so much Vanessa." 

"Of course. Us girls have to stick together." She replied with a wide smile as she poured me a steaming cup of much needed caffeine. 

As everyone else seemed to hum back into their own conversations, I took this as opportunity to socialize with Vanessa.

"Thanks. So what do you do if you don't mind me asking?" I questioned as I took the mug from her hands.

She chuckled, taking a sip from her own cup. "The only thing I do around here is Smitty."