Chapter 6

I sat completely still on the kitchen island, unable to move a single muscle in my tense body as I tried my best to process what had just happened between Austin and I.

I mean what the hell was that?

I must have been in some sort of daydream because there was no way in the fiery gates of hell that Post Malone out of all people, who also happens to be my employer, just told me that he is attracted to me.

I had a million emotions running through my veins but I knew I had to pick my body up from where I was sitting and force myself to a different part of the house.

Because I knew for sure I would not be able to face him the moment he decided to walk back through the door.

I carefully slid down from the counter and walked my wobbling legs over to the bed room to grab my Posty Co. hoodie. I quickly pulled it over my pajamas before I made my way to the living room where I sank myself down onto the soft couch to wallow in my own thoughts once again.

I tried to make sense of the predicament I was in as I replayed each encounter I had with Austin over and over again in my head.

So is that why he chose to ignore me and give me the cold shoulder? Because I work for him and he had this attraction towards me?

I would be lying if I said a part of me didn't feel some sort of relief at his reasoning.

And I knew deep down, I felt almost a thrill ignite inside of me.

The fact that he felt like he had to avoid me in order to ignore whatever feeling I gave him, gave me some sort of a new found confidence.

I laid comfortably on the sofa as I was deep in thought, that I didn't even notice the sound of the backdoor opening.

I was quickly drawn to reality as Austin walked past me through the living room straight to the front door. He opened it to reveal a delivery man who handed him a plastic bag, I assumed full of takeout.

After he tipped and thanked the man, he closed the door behind him and finally made eye contact with me since our heavy encounter just moments before.

I felt a surge of butterflies enter my stomach the second his eyes caught mine. 

His eyes slanted down to the Posty Co. labeled on my sweatshirt, causing him to quickly clench his jaw before he reverted his gaze to my face.

"Are you hungry Lena?" He asked in low voice. His tone much more concerned than it had ever been when talking to me. "I got us dinner."

I almost slapped myself to make sure I wasn't making up this entire scenario in my head because this was not the same Austin I knew in my short amount of time being employed by him. This was not the same Austin that I thought hated my guts. And this was definitely not the same Austin that nearly gave me a heart attack in the kitchen just half an hour earlier.

"Uh-yeah. I actually was going to order something in a little. What did you get?" I asked, praying my voice wasn't shaking as I spoke.

His eyes were different as he looked at me. They were kind and almost soft. 

Maybe this was the Austin I kept hearing so much about.

It's like his confession suddenly flipped a switch in how he treated me.

As I looked at him, my mind kept flashing back to the kitchen and how he made me feel when he touched me. 

How he looked at me. 

How close we were.

Lena snap out of it, he's finally being nice to you and you're fucking fantasizing about him.