Chapter 18

I spent about thirty unnerving minutes overthinking my seemingly complicated situation with Austin. But I couldn't help my tired body from falling into a deep slumber following my incredible unexpected orgasm.

I woke up the next morning feeling a little too relaxed, finally getting a good nights rest.

Maybe I just needed to have my needs taken care of.

And boy did Austin take real good care of them.

I couldn't help myself from smiling as I got ready for the morning. I knew I couldn't be stupidly grinning in front of the entire team all day, so I had to get it off my chest while I could.

I styled my hair in waves and decided on a short olive green skirt and a black long sleeved shirt for my outfit. I quickly put on some makeup and applied deodorant and my favorite perfume.

I grabbed my laptop and decided I'd rather catch up on emails while I had some caffeine in my system. I headed downstairs to the kitchen, noticing I wasn't the only one awake so early.

Natalie was sipping on a glass of orange juice as I came down the steps. I went straight towards the coffee maker after I gave her a small smile.

"Good morning." I said, breaking the awkward silence as she made no effort to speak to me.

"Morning. You're up early." Her eyebrow raised as she forced a smile.

"Yeah I-uh had a good nights sleep for once." I said as I scooped the ground coffee into the machine.

"Well good for you. I woke up at like 2 am and couldn't fall back asleep." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh no, that sucks." I shrugged my shoulder, unsure what to say to her as I reached for a clean mug.

"So you and Austin seem to be getting pretty close." She
spoke up, catching me completely off guard. I froze in place, my back still facing her. I was thankful she couldn't see how red I was turning at the mention of Austin's name.

I cleared my throat and took in a deep breath before turning around, hoping the color on my cheeks had somewhat faded in the past five seconds.

"We've become good friends." I gave her a weak smile as she began to eye me from head to toe.

"I see that. Well him and I have been good friends for a while now. But I think maybe he might be into me." She smirked as she spoke.

"Oh really?" I asked, a very fake smile planted on my face. "He told you that?"

"Well not exactly. But I mean when you work with someone for a while, all this tension starts to build up and it's only a matter of time until you both can't take it anymore." She shrugged her shoulders.

If you only knew, I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

"Yeah I get what you mean." I mumbled as I poured the hot coffee into my mug, anxious for my first sip.

But the way this conversation was going with Natalie, I probably needed some vodka instead.

Thankfully I was rescued as I saw Vanessa coming down the staircase to join us.

"Good morning ladies!" She exclaimed, her usual peppy attitude in full effect.

"Good morning Vanessa." I grinned at her, taking a sip from my cup.

"Not so good morning thanks to you V." Natalie rolled her eyes.

"What's wrong with you so early in the freaking morning? I literally just got here." Vanessa snapped back, her happy demeanor quickly turning into a scowl.