Chapter 35

"Runaway runaway runaway!" Vanessa and I sang at the top of our lungs as Austin was crouched at the edge of the stage, finishing the outro to Circles. We bursted into a fit of tipsy screams as the song ended and excitedly reached for a set of fresh drinks that Smitty had brought over to us.

I took a long sip of my cold Bud Light as I stood front and center at the Salt Lake City show, quenching my thirst that had quickly formed from drunkenly singing my heart out to the incredible music of the man I was crazy in love with.

The next song began to echo loudly through the large stadium, causing a sudden uproar from the crowd. It was one I didnt recognize which was odd because so far, his set had been pretty consistent and for the most part, his focus for the Runaway tour was on the Hollywood's Bleeding album.

I was still in the process of listening to all of his music and usually had his Spotify playlist on shuffle before I went to bed each night. But I shook my head, figuring that I probably didn't get to this song yet. I took another quick sip of my beer as the intro music played.

"That's weird. He never performs Feel. Like ever." Vanessa wrinkled her brows in confusion as we both watched Austin up on stage take a long sip of his Bud Light before throwing it carelessly, letting it splash into the crowd.

He ran his fingers through his curls, brought the microphone up to his lips and started singing away. His voice was as beautiful as ever and I couldn't help but feel that he was staring at me and me alone as he remained standing towards the front end of the stage.

She talkin' that noise, take her lovin' with the dawn, always talkin' on the phoneAfter we fuck in the morn' she wake up, she wearin' my clothesShe always be callin' my phoneShe always be stealin' my clothes, yeahAskin' me how does it feel when yo...

After we fuck in the morn' she wake up, she wearin' my clothes
She always be callin' my phone
She always be stealin' my clothes, yeah
Askin' me how does it feel when you know you could buy it at the store, yeah
Yeah, I'm bringin' that down to the floor
I'm droppin' the foreign in foreign
Hey, I came a long way on my own, ay
I'm doin' this shit on my own, ay
I don't give a fuck what I'm told, ay
I came a long way on my own, ay
Now her pussy made out of gold, ay
I swear her pussy ownin' my soul

He gave me a subtle wink before moving to the next line, sending a rush of heat immediately to my cheeks as I tightly gripped my Bud Light bottle in my hand. My gaze was fixed on his and it felt like we were the only two people in the entire stadium and it was as if he was only singing to me.

She got that soldier
Four days a hundred thousand
Forever like a diamond
She bring me back to life, yeah
I'm so fly I'm moshin'
Quit talkin' all that nonsense
I'm just tryna fuck you 'til you don't know nothin'

A women's voice filled the speaker as the backtrack played, I assumed who was a feature in the song.

Austin placed an unlit cigarette between his lips, quickly lighting it and inhaling deeply before he puffed out a cloud of smoke. His eyes not leaving mine since the second he started the song.