Chapter 57

Natalie almost violently stormed past me as she pushed her way out of the kitchen and ran up the lengthy staircase.

I couldn't help the guiltless smile that owned my lips as  I watched her quickly disappear from our view.

"Holy shit, holy fucking shit Lena." Vanessa squealed as she grabbed ahold of my wrist, pulling me closer to get a better angle of my new watch.

"Austin bought you a goddam Roley?! Holy fucking hell."

Her widened eyes and dropped jaw was more than enough to provoke my sudden laughter at her overly humorous reaction to my gift from Austin.

"Bitch you need to spill like asap because the last time we talked, he fired your ass. Clearly the two of you have put your differences aside since you had no trouble making it known to most of the team that you fucked him last night. Plus you have the equivalent of my freaking student loans sitting on your wrist. So what the hell is going on?" Vanessa's excited tone soon shifted to anxious as she waited impatiently for my explanation.

"Well we kind of had sex at the venue after his show but he was trying to prove a point to me that it was more than just sex between us. I made Jeremy take me home cause I really just wanted time to think and didn't want to go to the after party.. He was extremely drunk when he got home last night and we kind of talked but he was too wasted to really get anywhere so we just cuddled and fell asleep together. When we woke up, we sort of had sex again. Then we went out to the backyard to have an actual talk where he explained everything to me about Natalie. He told me how much he wanted to be with me and he asked me to be his girlfriend V."

I almost choked up at the end of my sentence as I couldn't believe how far we had come in the short amount of time we had spent together.

Vanessa pulled me into a tight hug as she let out a small scream of excitement. I chuckled to myself at how grateful I was to have a friend like her. She was always so supportive and never stopped rooting for Austin and I.

"I am so fucking happy for you Lee you have no idea! You guys deserve the world." She grinned from ear to ear as she finally let go of me.

"Thanks V. I am the happiest I've ever been in an extremely long time." I smiled.

But my smile soon faded as I was reminded of Austin's coldness just minutes before.

"But for some reason Vanessa, he pushed me away the second Dre walked through the door. I don't understand why he suddenly flipped the switch. Its like he didn't want him to even get even the slightest idea that we were together." I frustratingly vented as I ran my finger along the bezel of the watch. 

"Look whatever reason he has, I'm sure its a good one. Just talk to him before you jump to any conclusions." She raised her pointer finger at me as if she were scolding me not to ruin my own happiness.

"You're right you're right. I need to just enjoy this moment and not let anything or anyone get in the way of my new relationship. Especially myself." I chuckled.

"I'm glad you're thinking straight for once girlfriend." Vanessa shot a wink in my direction just before I scowled pitifully at her though I knew she was right like she always was.

"Don't worry. I'm going to sit back, relax and enjoy that delicious man that I've been blessed with, over and over and over again." I turned my pout upside down as I thought of my new boyfriend.

"Delicious huh? I've been called a lot things but damn I didn't know I was delicious."

I nearly jumped out of my skin as I heard Austin's voice from behind me, causing me to abruptly turn around, my cheeks tinted pink as I was slightly embarrassed that he overheard me.