Chapter 54

I closed the door shut behind me, feeling some sort of liberation as I left Chris in the hallway, utterly stunned and at a complete loss for words.

Though a small part of me felt somewhat sorry for him, I never felt more on top of the world. As if a weight had been relieved from my heavy shoulders the second I recklessly confessed my relationship with Austin.

If I knew it would be this easy, this satisfying, this carefree to no longer hide how we feel about each other, I would have done it ages ago. I cursed my stubbornness and my fears for holding me back for what felt like a lifetime. But going forward, there would only be happiness in our future.

I was going to make sure of that.

I stripped off the oversized tee shirt that slung over my body and I made my way into the connecting bathroom in the guestroom I had been staying in.

Well partially.

I was sleeping in Austin's room for a majority of the time and I couldn't help but wonder if this was how it was going to be, the remainder of the time I would be staying here.

I couldn't stop the cheesy smile that took over my lips as I let myself enjoy my fantasy turned dream come true.

I lazily tossed my waves into the messiest of buns before I turned the shower on and let the hot water run.

I stepped inside, letting the warmness hug my skin as I closed my eyes in pure relaxation.

So don't freak out, we're only twenty something
All I know is that with you there's something
So different, and that will never slow down
No, that will never slow down
Lay right here and we can waste away
Trace the corners of your pretty face
All I know is that with you there's something
And that will never slow down

Don't freak out
Don't stop now babe
We're only twenty something
We're only twenty somethung

My eyes remained shut as I sang softly, my voice echoing off the walls of the shower.

I was so wrapped in my own world that I didn't even hear the sound of the shower door sliding open.

I nearly jumped out of my own skin as I saw two strong tattooed arms wrap effortlessly around my bare torso.

"Voice of an angel Lee. An absolute fucking angel." The rasping of his morning voice shot somersaults throughout my suddenly nervous stomach.

"Your angel?" I turned around to face him, his wild curls becoming damp from the water.

A content grin spread across his face as he blinked his eyes and nodded.

"You are my angel, my princess, my goddess, my future, my girlfriend. You are my everything Lena."

Our lips melted together as we smiled against each others mouths.

Austin broke the kiss, leaning his forehead against mine, studying my face carefully as he drank up all of my features.

"Something wrong with my shower groupie?" He raised his brow, his hand traveling down the small of my back.

I chuckled under my breath, cupping his cheek with my hand, giving him a soft peck.

"There's absolutely nothing with your shower rockstar. It's just all my stuff is in here so I figured I'd shower here instead of your room-"

"Our room." Austin interrupted, pulling me close by the waist, a sly look dancing in his baby blues.

"Ours?" I questioned, ensuring I heard him correctly as I gave him a stupid grin.