Chapter 61

"W-what kind of accident Vanessa?"

I could barely recognize my own voice as it barely came out as a hushed whisper.

"Lee, it's Austin. He crashed his car."

She confirmed my worst nightmare come true as I tried to make sense of what she had just told me. My head began to spin and I felt every goosebump on my skin begin to raise.

My entire body felt as if it was drenched in gasoline and someone suddenly sparked a match, lighting me on fire.

I felt beads of sweats forming on my skin and the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up straight as Vanessa's words played like a broke record in my head.

I felt her hand cover mine as I shook my head from side to side, not wanting to believe for a second that this could be happening.

"No. No he just went to the store. He was going to come right back. This can't be right." I rambled, stuck in a state of denial as Vanessa face was stitched with worry.

My chest retracted as I began to hyperventilate, feeling myself falling into a panic attack before the tears began to find their way to the brim of my eyes.

"He was just with me this morning. He was fine. He was only going to get cigarettes."

"Just breathe Lee, I'm right here." Vanessa coaxed as she gave my hand a long squeeze, trying her best to soothe my nerves.

"Is he okay? Where is he? I need to see him."

I reached for Austin's Hollywood's Bleeding tour tee shirt that he had worn the night before, that was sitting at the edge of the bed. I quickly pulled it over my head, and stood up, letting it fall to my mid thigh.

I scrambled around the room looking for the rest of my clothes.

"He was taken to Salt Lake Regional Medical Center. They just called Smitty from the hospital, but they aren't giving any information over the phone to anyone who isn't family. They're running tests but that's all we know." Vanessa answered as she gave me a sorrowful look.

"So we don't even know if he's going to be okay?! We need to go there right now." I shouted as I bolted out of the bedroom, Vanessa following behind me as I ran down the stairs.

"Great. I'm the last person to fucking find out." I mumbled to myself as I ignored the rest of the team that was crowded together, with looks of distress across all of their faces. All of their gazes slanted to my direction as they all heard my frantic frets on my way down to the living room.

As I frantically searched through the coat closet for my shoes , my frustration was on overdrive as I heard everyone freaking out a few feet away from me.  Dre was rounding everyone up to leave for the hospital as his eye barely caught mine, but I immediately pulled my gaze from him, not wanting to even look at him as the tears poured uncontrollably down my face.

I pulled my pair of Adidas from the shoe rack, and struggled to put them as my hands were trembling non stop.

"Lena you can ride with me and V." Smitty came up to me as he looked at me with saddened eyes.

I could only nod at him as my body suddenly felt heavy, as if I could barely lift my legs to make it outside.

"Honey come on." Vanessa cooed as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder, leading me outside to one of Austin's cars.

The tears fell continuously as I could not even imagine what Austin must have been through and how he was probably all alone and frightened.

I just needed him to be okay. I needed to know that whatever injuries he sustained, that he would make it through.