Chapter 94

"Tell me Luke, wasn't I beautiful on our wedding day?"

I felt my heaved breaths intensifying as I glared up at the very man who I never thought I would find myself face to face with again. I felt the hot salty tears brimming along my lower lash line but I was determined not to give him the satisfaction of seeing them fall.

I had shed enough tears for this man. Enough tears for a entire lifetime.

"Of course you were Lee, you are the most beautiful woman in the world to me, you always were."

His voice felt like shards of ice as it filled my ears, my body physically cringing as his empty words no longer held any sort of meaning. The truth was, I no longer cared for him. I no longer cared if I was beautiful to him or how he even felt about me. But there was still a part of me deep down that burned with anger towards him and I needed to get in the last word.

"I was beautiful but I wasn't enough, was I?"

"Lena please, just hear me out-"

"You know what? It doesn't even matter because I'm enough for him, Luke. That man over there can have anyone that he fucking wants. He could actually close his eyes and point to any girl in this house right now and I guarantee you that they would jump at the chance to be with him. But he chooses me. Every single day. He is the only man that has ever made me feel like I'm enough."

I angrily seethed through my gritted teeth as I grabbed my wine glass from the counter top and hastily turned on my heels. Luke remained silent behind me as I stormed though the entrance of the kitchen and made my way towards the staircase. I felt Austin's eyes following me as I hurried up the steps, bolting my way toward our shared bedroom. I slammed the door shut behind me and finally allowed my wet tears to fall.

I took a long sip from my glass as I slowly trudged over to the king sized bed, slumping down my worn body on my side of the mattress as I carefully placed my glass down along the bed side table. I laid my head along the soft pillow, inhaling a much needed breath into my lungs as I attempted to wrap my head around the whirlwind of events that had occurred in the past half hour. I felt the pillow beneath me become soaked with tears as I laid in silence, whimpering to myself.

My body suddenly flinched as the startling sound of the door stirred me out of my jumbled thoughts.

"Lena."

The sound of Austin's rasp gave me a breath of fresh air, yet drowned me in the same instant as I knew I would finally have to unlocked my chained past.

"Babe are you okay? Are you not feeling well?" His voice was stitched with worry as I heard his footsteps inch closer before he sank down at the edge of the bed beside me.

I slowly turned around as I tried my best to brush the tears pouring from my reddened eyes but it was no use, I was a shaken up mess to say the least. I sat up straight, his arms wrapping around me as he pulled me into his lap.

"Lee baby you're crying, tell me what's wrong. Did something happen?" Austin's soft voice started to raise with panic just at the thought of anyone upsetting me.

His tattooed had raised to my cheek, catching my waterfall of tears that continued to pour along the sides of my face.

"Lena say something, you're scaring me." Austin exclaimed with nothing but concern in his voice. "Please, talk to me angel."

"Austin I can't." The stubborn side of me reared it's ugly head as I tried my hardest to avoid spilling the suppressed pain from past.

"Did someone do something to you? Lena you need to tell me." His soft hand now cupped the side of my face, giving me no other choice but to lock eyes with him.