Chapter 60

Sidharth comes back at home..

"Baccha why do you look so pale? Sab theek hai na?"..his Mom opens the door for him..

"Haan Mom.. I am fine.. Shehnaaz kaha hai?"

"Bahar gayi hai..Tu meeting mein tha shayed, isiliye she said she would leave a text for you.."

"Uff! Kyun gayi hai bahar?! She is bleeding as hell! Aur kab text ki usne?!"

"Areh beta she has gone for some work may be..check your phone..you must have missed it.."

He checks his phone for the text and does find one in WhatsApp..

"Baby.. ken ka phone aya tha.. I need to go and check the outfits for measurements. Please gussa maat karna..main bilkul theek hoon abhi. Time bohot kam hai, so ken wants me to go now..aap meeting mein ho na, so texting you. Call me once you get this. Love you. 😘"

"Hmm got it..main usse baat kar leta hoon Mom.."...he dials her number.

"Hello..?"..she receives..

"Are you done?"

"Haan haan I am done..abhi nikal rahi hoon.."

"Adith toh Khushi k sath hain..is Ken dropping you ya phir main aun?"

"Nehi hum baas abhi nikal rahe the..he will drop me..aap fresh ho jao..I will be there in a while.."

"Hmm bye.."

"Sidharth?"

"Haan?"

"Sab theek hai na? Why do you sound so low?"

"Haan theek hai sab kuch..get back home asap.."

"Haan baas abhi aayi..bye"

*********

Khushi is invited to a party thrown by a common friend of Vikranth. She gets to see him there and tries to ignore him in every possible way. She surely doesn't want to upset her family anymore.

Vikranth anyway walks upto her..
"Hey..!"

"Hey..!".. she replies..

"What's up?! Ignore kyun kar rahi hai?!"

"Vikranth we shouldn't talk!"

"Lekin kyun?!"

"Because I don't want to.. can't get into a mess again, can't hurt my family! Moreover it was you who said 'clear your shits first'.. remember?"

"Babyyy..listen to me.. just listen to me for once.!!".. he holds her from either side of her arms..

"Main aur kya karta?! Sid bhai was going overboard! I lost my mind! Yaar I wasn't even invited to their marriage! Shehbaaz se pata chala..!"

"There was no ceremony! It was just family..anyway that's not important. If I knew that you will be here as well, main nehi aati for sure!"

"Okay chill kar! Let's not talk about all these.. Let's just enjoy the party for now!"

"Hmm.. that's better!"...she walks away..

********

Shehnaaz comes back and steps inside the room and gets confused to see him sleeping at this hour..

"Sidharth..?"

"Hmm..?"

"Is wakt kyun so rahe ho aap? Tabiyat theek hai na aap ka?"...she sits next to him and caresses his hair..

"Hmm..I am okay..fresh ho ja..and get me some tea.."

"Haan..abhi lati hoon..baad mein fresh ho jaungi.."