Chapter 70

He steps inside the room..
"Did you eat anything?"

"Khalungi..".. replies Shehnaaz in a cold tone..

"Are you serious Shehnaaz?! You are carrying a child for God's sake!"...even he lowers down his tone in frustration now..😓

She goes inside the washroom without giving him any reply and he too steps out of the room and goes inside the kitchen to serve her dinner on a plate.

"Mom..khilda do jaake.."

"Kya hua baccha.. tu kyun nehi ja raha hai andar?"

"Mom I feel tired! I don't want to scream, I dont want to react! Khushi ko usne apni baat to batadi but Mom she was also too harsh on me! I am not being able to take this now! Baas, aap jaake khila do usse please! Mujhe nehi jana..!"

"Theek hai.. take your time and relax! Pregnancy is a hard time beta, not just for the mother but for the father as well!"

"I understand! Lekin yeh sab baatein, it gets into my nerves! And the way she is behaving! It's way too much for me to handle!"

"It's okay..tu dinner karle..main usse khila dungi!"

Mom knocks on the door..."Beta so rahi hai?"

"Nehi ma!"...she leans against the head rest to sit..

"Khila dun?"

"Haan ji.."

"Aur laun?!"

"Nehi Ma..I am done!"

"Ek baat bolun baccha?"

"Haan ji?"

"Beta aise wakt mein na yeh mood swings are common..lekin thoda sa manage karna parta hai na? Woh bhi toh thaka hua rehta hai.."

She lowers her face..

"Idhar dekh..mujhe pata hai, tum dono mein bohot pyaar hai..don't let all these stupid things affect your relationship!"

"Ma mujhe laga aap meri bhi Ma ho..lekin aap toh Sidharth ka side hi loge na kyunki beta woh aap ka!"

"Nehi bacchaaa!! Aisi baat nehi hai!"

Sidharth overhears this conversation and loses all his cool again! He feels she has crossed all her limits! He can't hold onto his anger anymore and steps inside the room with a stern face..!!

"Say sorry to Mom!"

"Sidharth! Bachha! Kya hua?!"

"Mom aap chup rahiye!"...he looks back at her..." I said say sorry to Mom!"

"Aap aise kyun baat kar rahe ho mere sath!?! Ma dekho na.. main bol rahi thi na aap ko!"...she gets scared seeing him this mad!!

"Sidharth!! Calm down!! Hey Bhagwan!!"...his Mom gets up and keeps rubbing his back but Sidharth keeps staring at Shehnaaz without blinking..! 🥺

"How the fuck did you even dare to speak to my Mom like that?!"....he screams on top of his voice..!!

"Woh meri bhi Ma hai! I have my rights!"

"Shut up!!"

"Dheere baat karo! Aur aise ghur kyun rahe ho mujhe?!"

"Chup ho ja Shehnaaz! Enough!! Warna..."...he is fuming!!

"Warna kya? Maroge mujhe?!"

"Zaroorat padhe toh woh bhi karunga!!"...his tone goes up to next level now..

Shehnaaz keeps staring at him and tears start flowing down her eyes in a continuous stream..

"Sidharth!! Kya bol raha hai tu?! Hosh mein toh hai na?!"

He keeps staring at her and doesn't move an inch...

"Maa..?"...she looks back at her mother in law with tears filled in her eyes..

"Haan baccha..?"...she goes back to sit beside her..

"I am sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!"...she starts crying in her arms..

"Chup ho ja meri bacchi! Yeh pagal ho chuka hai! Iska dimaag ghum gaya hain! Jaane de! Sidharth step out of the room! Now!!"...his mother says sternly...

*************

Next day..
Shehnaaz wakes up and doesn't get to see Sidharth beside her. She comes out of the room and finds him sleeping, nestling himself on the couch..! 🥺
Her heart skips a beat seeing this but she is too stubborn to give in now! Nevertheless, she brings a blanket from the room to cover him and shuts the curtains of the living room properly to refrain lights from peeking in..

After a while, when Sidharth wakes up, he doesn't see her around. Shehnaaz has already left for the shoot with Adith..

"Mom..?"

"Haan?"

"Adith gaya na sath mein?!"

"Haan!"...she seems pretty upset on him..

"Kya hua Mom?"

"What you did last night was wrong bachha!"

"No! Mom..she can't speak to you like this!"

"But tere muh se jo nikla..that was totally wrong! That is not how I raised you!"

"Mom! She was being an irresponsible mother, I kept quiet! She was behaving like a shit with me, I still kept quiet! But if she crosses her line with you, main chup nehi rahunga!"

"But you can't forget that she is pregnant! And that too with your child! Fix this up immediately!"...his mother says unrelentingly..

Sidharth sips on his morning tea quietly and starts scrolling down his mobile and gets to see a message from her..

"Pick me up at 5"

He replies..
"Where is Adith?"

She is still in the car...on her way to shoot, so she replies..
"He is here only.. but I want you to come and pick me up!"

He replies..
"I don't think I can manage..meeting hai.. jana padhega"

She types..
"Main kuch nehi janti..you will come at 5 to pick me up! Thats it!"

He types..
"Zid maat kar Shehnaaz! I said na I can't..!"

She types..
"Main Adith ko chhor dungi! Sochlo.. you want me to take a ride alone?"

He doesn't reply anymore..

She is feeling a hollow inside! She knows she has brtually hurt him and the end result was what he said last night! That was not him, she made him reach that point! She realizes it all now..!

Stay tuned

Stay tuned..❤️
Do comment to share your views..❤️ love you all..❤️