Chapter 31

"So aap jaoge andar?"..asks Shehnaaz hoping that it would be a "No"..

He stares at her for a good while..

"You don't want me to go.. right?!"

"Aisi baat nehi hai Sidharth.. aise hi baas...!"

"Baas...?"

"Chhoro na.. jaane do.. aap jo decision loge, definitely soch samajh k hi loge na!"... Her face falls down..

He brings her closer to his arms and nudges his head against hers..
"Kya hua baba? Kis baat ki darr hai aap ko?!"

Shehnaaz sighs..."Areh sach mein kuch nehi hain baby! Ok batao..sign kab karni hai?"

"Tomorrow..!"

"Last season mein aap winner rahe ho..abhi is season mein aap ka role thodi si different hai..what do you think..how will be the response?!"

"Depends...!"...he replies..

"Matlab..?"

"Matlab I will have to go with the flow and the script..this time kahi hadh tak it will be scripted for seniors..!"...he elaborates..

"Acchawww..! Babu yeh kapde and all achhe se pehen na! Role bada hai! So you need to carry yourself in that way too na!"

Sidharth smirks..

"Kya hua aap hans kyun rahe ho?!"..she frowns at him..

He cupps her chin and smashes kisses on her cheeks..."I will carry myself sophisticatedly...I promise!"

"Hmm..mujhe pata hain..I trust you!"...she smiles back at him, still indulged in an unknown trip of fear inside..

*******

2 weeks have passed. Today, Sidharth will be entering the house. His Mom and Shehnaaz are busy packing his bags..

"Mom where is Khushi?"

"Pata nehi baccha..probably in her room. Ja jaake baat karle usse...bichari 2 hafte se dhukhi baithi hai..!"

"Haan...I have observed that... bohot stubborn hai Mom.. merese baat bhi nehi kar rahi hai dhang se!"

"Terepe gayi hain!"...his Mom smirks..

"Hmm .. Shehnaaz..?"..he calls out for her..

"Haan..?" She comes up with a dull and gloomy face...

"Woh humne Khushi k leye kuch liya tha na kal..kaha hai baby?! I can't find it..!"

"Ruko...lati hoon.."..she gets a packet out from his cupboard and hands it over to him..

"Okay let me go and speak to her..you guys carry on.."...he walks out to knock at Khushi's door..

She opens it..

"Kya kar rahi thi baccha..? Studying?"...he walks into the room and initiates the conversation at once..

"Nehi...nothing much...aap batao..packing ho gaya aap ka?"

"Nehi.. abhi tak chal rahi hai.."..an awkward silence drops...

Sidharth then steps ahead to make her sit on her couch...

"Baccha..you did not interact with me in the last 2 weeks! Ek baat bata..Mama doesn't have rights on you or what?!"...he pulls up her chin..

Khushi's eyes get moistened..

"Aisi baat nehi hai Mama!"

"Toh kaisi baat hai?! Dekh beta...tu ruthi huyi thi..isiliye I didn't poke you! Kahi na kahi I felt that shayed chup rehke tu yeh proof karneki koshish kar rahi thi that I don't hold much rights on your life! Is it like that Khushi?!"..His eyes well up..he considers this girl as his first child...and she will always remain as such for a fact!