Chapter 43

"Sidharthhhh!! You won't believe!! I got an offer from Yash Khanna's production!"

"Hmm..! Great.. he is a big star!"...he tones down..😐

"Thank you Babaji! Thank you so much!"

"Kal audition hai kya?"

"Pata nehi..shayed..!"... she seems confused and nervous at the same time. Sidharth can sense her nerves very well, so he pulls her closer..

"Kya hua baby?!"... He starts rubbing her cheeks..

"Agar kuch gadbad ho gayi mujhse Sidharth!?!"

"Nehi hoga baba..! Yaad hain na, the way you nailed your first audition?!"

"Haan..! Woh kaise bhul sakti hoon! Aap mile na usdin! I can't ever forget that instance!"... She wraps her arms around him and he too encloses her within his embrace..

"Haan ji baby! Now sleep..! I will drop you tomorrow.." he smiles, kissing her forehead and rubs her back to put her to sleep..

***********

Shehnaaz in Khanna's Production..

"Hey Shehnaaz..!! I am so sorry! You had to wait. I was stuck somewhere. So Hi, Yash here..!"..Yash extends his hand to shake..

"It's okay..! It's not that late!"... She smiles and shakes hand with him..

"Please sit..so I guess my management has reached yours..have you gone through the script?!"

"Haan ji! I did! Quite impressive! Audition kab hai?"

"Audition?! Areh nehi..you are already selected for the role! No audition is required! I have seen your work with Sidharth! You are amazing!"...he smiles at her..

"Are you serious?! Oh! My God!"..she gets stumped..!!

"Ji haan! I am damn serious! Aapko koi audition dene ki zaroorat nehi hai..you were my first choice for this project! Agar aap ko koi aitraz na ho toh sign karle somewhere around this week?"...Yash seems too confident about her..

"Aap mazak toh nehi kar rahe ho na mere saath?"...her eyes glisten..

"Noo darling! I am not! Relax! You are selected and your talent has brought you here! Congratulations!"...he turns back to his team and asks them to arrange papers for all formalities..

"Toh Shehnaaz, are you okay? Since you have read the entire script..what do you think, are you comfortable with the role..?!"

"Haan ji! Perfect! Thank you! I have no words..!"

"You know what? Thats what I like about you! I have seen you interacting with your fans! No matter what happens, you always remain grounded! It's a quality Shehnaaz! Aise hi rehna! Zindagi mein bohot aage badhogi!"

"Toh shall we end it here then? I have a meeting to catch..Mr. Mehul right?!"

"Yes sir!"...replies Mehul..

"Please feel free to speak to my team. Ok guys I will leave..bye Shehnaaz! See you!"

"Bye..!"

************

She calls Sidharth from the car..

"Haan baby..Adith has gone to pick you up.."

"Haan haan! Main gadi mein hoon! Aap suno meri baat!"

"Haan bol.."

"Sidharthhh!! I was their only choice for the main lead and they didn't even take any audition! Can you believe it??"...her excitement is just too audible in her voice..