Ch. 16

Shays P. O.V:

Colette was holding a crying Sky in her arms while I just stayed with the other kids.

"Daddy, is Mason going to be okay?" Brock asked me. I swallowed back tears.

"We don't know yet." I told him.

"Ok." Brock said.

Then we were interrupted by a small banging. I ignored it. It god louder. I looked at Colette and she looked at me with worried eyes. I looked at Avia.

"Avia, can you watch your brothers and sisters for a sec?" I asked her. She nodded and nodded. I thanked her and me and Colette ran into the room. I was not expecting to see what I saw. I saw Jamie punching the wall. The wall was black and had a small dent but was getting larger by the second. I was not expecting a child to have so much power in her punch. I snapped out of my thoughts. Colette was shocked.

"Colette get a doctor." I told her. She nodded and ran out of the room.

"Jamie! Stop!" I screamed but she ignored me. Tears were in her eyes running down her cheeks. I was about to go grab her when some doctors beat me to it. They ran up to her and Colette was in back of them with worried eyes. They put something in Jamie to make her stop. A needle.

Jamie fell but some doctors caught her. They gave her to me to hold. I held her in my arms.

"I am so sorry! We will pay extra for the wall." Colette said.

"I am afraid you have to." The male doctor said. The other doctors left the room. The doctors explained to us that they injected Jamie with a shot that made her fall asleep. She would be up in a few hours. He checked up on Mason and left.

"Shay, I think I should bring the kids home, can you stay here with Mason?" She asked.

"Sure, but tomorrow we have to bring them back because the hospital has to check for injuries." I said.

"Ok so I will take my car, ok honey?" She said to me. I said ok and I gave her a quick peck on the lips. She left the room and got the kids.

"Wait honey, do you need help carrying Jamie?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Mason, I will be right back." I whispered although he probably couldn't here me. I carried a sleeping Jamie in my arms to the car. I helped Colette put the kids in the car and buckle them in.

"Bye honey." She said as we kissed really quick. We got in the car and drove off. I walked back inside the hospital and to Masons room. I walked in and sat next to him. This was surely a long day.

Sky's P.O.V:

The whole car ride was silent. I sat next to Avia and on my other side was a sleeping Jamie. Brock was sitting in his car seat. Mommy told us that the others were at the house except grandma was watching them. We got home and mommy carried a sleeping Jamie. Me, Avia, and Brock held hands as we walked inside.

Emmi's P.O.V:

Grandma was watching us kids. We were watching tv. Gavin put on Americas Funniest videos. Mommy hadn't told us anything about the others yet. So we were kinda clueless. Then, the doorbell rang.

Avia's P.O.V:

I looked at Sky. I wanted to see the look on their face when they saw us. I was so excited to be home. I looked at Sky.

"Do you want to ring the doorbell?" I asked her.

"No, it's fine. Let Brock do it." She said with a small smile. Brock smiled and jumped up and down in excitement as he ran the doorbell. Mom was smiling while holding Jamie in her arms. Then grandma opened the door. She looked so surprised.

"Grandma!" We all said as she attacked us with hugs. She laughed and hugged us back. Pretty soon Gavin and Emmi came.

"What's all the noise?" They said as they saw us. There faces lit up and smiled so big as they ran up to hug us. We were all inside so mom shut the door. Gavin hugged me hard.

"I missed you." He said while crying happy tears. I hugged him. I hugged Emmi. She hugged me. She whipped a couple of tears.

"Finally you guys are home! I don't have to live with only boys anymore!" She said as we all cracked out laughing. We all went to the living room as grandma made us dinner. It was dinner already. Time went by fast.

"Mom, Sky, Emmi, and I are going to my room!" I said.

"Ok, just stay together and no fighting." Mom said. We nodded and ran downstairs to my room. I swung open the door. My room was the same when I left it. I ran to my bed.

"My bed! I have missed you so much!" I said as I hugged it. Sky and Emmi giggled. We decided to play a game. We decided to play sing off, a game we invented. Then we heard a noise.

Masons P.O.V:

I heard the kids and mom leave. Then I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I hope it wasn't the man again. Then someone sat down next to me. I think it was dad. Then I heard a click of a button.

"Hello? Colette?" The voice said. I mentally sighed. It was dad. He kept talking to mom. Then he hung up. He sat back down next to me I think. Pretty soon I heard snoring. Great, now I am alone right now.

I tried to wake up. I was tired of this stupid darkness. I tried to move my hand, wiggle my toe, anything, but it didn't work. Eventually, I got frustrated. I was about to give up when I felt my foot move! Hope ran through me. I tried to move it again but it was no use. I sighed. Before you knew it, I was sleeping. Or at least not looking at the same darkness.

Hey guys! Sorry for the boring chapter, but I might update another chapter today! Anyways, I might change the cover soon to the book. Should I? Or not? (Or nah 😂) Anyways, thanks and bye!~ Diana💀