Ch. 89

/Sky/

Placing my journal in a new spot, I walked back onto my bed. Obviously I had changed before that and my hair was pulled up into a bun so no water would stain my shirt.

A text from Kendrick popped up and my mood immediately darkened.

Why couldn't he leave me alone?

Just for one day, I wanted to get the image of his sadistic smile out of my brain. To scrub his filthy, grimy hands off of my body. But no matter what, all the screaming, the curse words, the yelling, the hitting, the fucking still stayed permanent in my mind.

Every-time I blinked, his eyes would be permanently giving me a hateful glare, and his words would always be there. You are nothing. A disgrace. A bitch. A whore. You should be ashamed of yourself, you ugly slut.

It was like a nightmare that couldn't be escaped from.

The physical trauma was one thing, but mental, was another story.

He made it almost impossible for me to get out of this relationship. I have been drifting more and more from my family, ever since I discovered dad and all the fights everyone has been having.

Gavin and Avia don't live with us anymore, so dad gave Gavin's room to Mason. Brock got Mason's old room and Daxton got his own room finally, which he was more than excited about.

Me on the other hand, would be leaving my family for college, and he could do whatever he wanted with me. Since his parents had a lot of money, he payed his way into Harvard, the same college I was going to. He wanted to make sure I couldn't escape.

Turning my head, I was immediately met with my nightstand. Glancing at the objects, I picked up two of the pictures I had framed of our family. One of the whole Butler family, and one of us triplets when we were around nine and was our very first picture when we had came home.

Examining the picture, I felt a small smile come on my face. A genuine smile this time, not a fake one.

Faking everything good nowadays seemed to be my specialty.

I remembered that day we came home; us triplets were finally excited to get out of the old orphanage and to get away from Ms. Lemons, or Ms. Sour as we called her.

In the picture, the three of us had our arms plastered around each-other, smiles on all our faces. I was on the left, my hair a mess and put down, my green eyes sparkling with happiness. Mason was on the right, holding a tech-deck skateboard thing and smiling, his brown hair combed neatly and brown eyes looking straight into the camera. Jamie was in the middle, and she was smiling the widest, pure bliss in her bright blue eyes and showing her tooth-gap. Her blond hair was put down, but not as neat as Mason's.

Knocking on the door, I knew exactly who it was.

"Come in guys." I told them, as I made sure to cover my bruises with a light sweater.

Mason and Jamie walked in, apologetic looks on their faces. Looking into their eyes, I knew they were sorry, so I gave them a small smile and forgave them.

After all, they we were close as we could be.

"Come here," I spoke, as we engulfed each-other in a group hug.

"Okay, enough with the hugging thing." Mason spoke, as we all separated.

"What's that?" Jamie questioned, as I held up the photo for them to see. This had to be one of my favourite pictures of the three of us if I was being honest.

"The first ever picture we took at our new house with our new family." I explained, as the two of them looked at the picture. Genuine smiles spread across their faces as well as they looked back at me.

"We were so little, so happy." Jamie said.

"Damn, was that my tech-deck? I remember those, I loved that shit!" Mason exclaimed.

"Yep, it was." I said in a small voice.

"I miss these times when we thought everything was hard. Now, it's all changing and we are going our separate ways." I told them truthfully, as they nodded in agreement.

"Me too, but no matter what, we will always be triplets and-"

"If you even dare say three peas in a pod, I will smack you." Jamie said to Mason.

"Fine, then we need a new name." Mason said, as we all thought of a name for the three of us. Moments like these were what I missed, since life was changing, good and bad.

"I've got it! What about Bonnie and Clyde?" Jamie exclaimed.

"Bonnie and Clyde first aren't siblings and second, only two people!" I stated in a 'duh' tone as Jamie rolled her eyes and playfully hit me on the shoulder. I laughed it off but inside I winced since Kendrick has caused bruises there.

"Whatever, then what do you suggest?" I asked her.

"I've got it! What about-"

"What about, The Forgotten Tards?" Mason asked.

"The Forgotten Tards? I'm pretty sure we aren't forgotten anymore genius!" Jamie told him, as he rolled his eyes. I stayed silent, thinking over the name.

But it did kinda fit us, since we were forgotten, then found again.

"I like it." I said.

"Now that I think about it, it's okay." Jamie stated, agreeing with me.

"That's not what you said two seconds ago!" Mason exclaimed, frustrated.

"Oh shut up! It's good now, so we are going with that." Jamie stated. Jamie had always been kinda the leader figure of us triplets, so we sometimes or usually followed her decisions.

"We are The Forgotten Tards." Jamie said, once again.

"Yep, we are." Mason and I said, agreeing with her again.

Little did I know, there would be very few moments in my life like this anymore after I moved away. Little did I know, everything would get worse from here, and not everything goes planned.

|||||||

Foreshadowing something? Hmmmmmm.......

Sorry for any errors in this chapter, eleven more chapters to go! Then, there will be 3 more epilogues, and an alternative ending and maybe a few bonus chapters?

Ily guys 💓💓