Ch. 58

/Shay/

"Daddy, when are Mason, Jamie, and Sky coming back?" Brock questioned me with curiosity in his innocent eyes. I did a double take, as I made a loud sigh and rubbed my beard.

The pain of loosing my children hit me. We may never see them again. On the outside, I was trying to stay strong and keep the family together, but inside it was breaking me.

Everyday, I would wake up thinking all of my children were safe and with me. But then, I would remember how they all got taken from us.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Brock questioned me, causing me to snap back into reality.

"I'm okay Brocko, and soon. For now, just play with Daxton, okay?" I emptily said to him. He nodded his head, and gave me a small hug on my leg. I patted his head back.

He then ran out of the room, as I sank down on the bed.

------

(A week later)

"Hello?" I asked, as I picked up the phone.

"Shay we need you and your wife to come down to the station as soon as possible. It's very urgent, so please hurry." Officer Abraham spoke through the phone. From the sound of his voice, I knew it was important.

"We will be there soon." I said, as I hung up.

-----

"I have good news, and some bad." Officer Abraham said, as he walked into the room. Colette and I were both seated on the seats. Colette nervously bit her nails. Colette had definitely changed over these last few months. She was getting skinnier from eating less, and there were dark bags under her eyes. She couldn't sleep without crying, so I usually comforted her and she comforted me.

"What is the good news?" I asked.

"The good news is we know where the triplets are. We have sent a team of officers to get them out of there, and safely back to you as soon as possible. And yes, from what we could assume, they are alive." He spoke. Colette stood up and hugged him, and so did I.

"Thank you." We said. Once we sat back down again, he sighed.

Relief flooded over me. My babies were alive, and alright. Now they could finally come back to us, and that fucking asshole Grant could stay in jail forever.

"What's the bad news?" Colette questioned.

"The bad news is, we don't know how their health is right now, so they could be extremely sick." Officer Abraham spoke, as Colette's eyes filled with tears.

I grabbed her hand, and squeezed it.

"Don't worry babe, we can get through this." I said to her, as she nodded her head.

"Now the don't have to suffer anymore." She exclaimed as tears fell down her cheeks. Officer Abraham left the room. I wiped her tears with my thumb.

"They are coming back to us." I said.

"They are, and they won't be forgotten anymore."

||||||

I might update this book again tomorrow because I didn't update for last week.

Thanks for reading this shitty ass chapter!

Qotd: fav character in this book?

Thanks everyone for reading and bye!