Ch. 96

Nine Months into Pregnancy

Sky

The faint glow of the small television was there to greet me as I woke up in a cold sweat and some cramping. Rubbing my eyes and sitting up, I looked down at my stomach which looked as if it would burst. It was so big that when I looked down, I couldn't even see my swollen feet.

I winced as another small cramp hit me again. It wasn't just the cramps that hit me, it was the nightmares or should I say, the night-terrors because they felt very real.

Another tiny cramp hit me and I looked down at my moving stomach. A small smile made its way on my lips as all the fear I had was washed out with another emotion.

"Don't worry baby, he's never going to hurt you. It's just going to be us, and soon we will live our own lives." I quietly whispered to my stomach.

Opening my drugstore flip-phone, I grabbed my laptop, one that no one hadn't surprisingly been able to track. Opening it up, I went to my contact list and looked at it.

Guilt passed through me when I saw my siblings and parents names. Seeing their profile pictures and faces made tears brew in my eyes as my mouse hovered over the FaceTime button. Instead, I wrote all of their numbers down and put their contacts in my shitty drugstore phone that I was forced to get after I broke my old one. Once I finished, I placed the phone in my back pocket.

I've been thinking of calling Jamie and Mason for months now or just even going to the police. Any other sane person would of just broken up with their abusive boyfriend but there was something inside of me that made me fear for my safety and possibly, my life.

Another cramp hit me and this time, it was harder than the others. These cramps felt more frequent now, possibly signs of labor?

A part of me understood that one day, my baby would be born but I was terrified of what would happen next. Would I be enough for this little human growing inside of me?

I waited for another hour before going out to the small kitchen to grab a quick snack. Ever since I've been here, Jodie and Sam had helped me out as much as they could. Despite their efforts and after the baby was born, I knew I would have to eventually go back to my old life and more importantly, avoid him at all costs.

"Hey, you awake?" Jodie came in, yawning and rubbing her eyes. Her hair was a huge mess as she opened the fridge and grabbed some sort of snack. The sight of an apple made my mouth water and before I knew it, I snatched it from her hands.

"Thanks for snatching my apple!" She sarcastically said.

"Hey," I spoke, taking a bite of the apple, "I'm the one having a baby and besides, my stomachs been cramping all day," I told her while chewing the apple. Her face went from playful to concerned.

"Are you sure it's not labor? Oh shit, let me go wake up Sam." She spoke, placing her new apple down and rushing off. I cut her off before she could though.

"No, it's fine you don't have to-ahh!" I yelled as a huge cramp cut me off. This time though it wasn't a cramp, it was more of a knife jamming into your stomach. I bent down, placing one hand around my stomach and one on the counter to support myself.

"Oh my god!" Jodie yelled, as she came and helped me walk over to the couch. This time, another wave of pain hit me as I winced and started to sweat even more.

"I'll get Sam, don't go anywhere!" She yelled to me.

"Wasn't planning on it!" I yelled back to her, as I sat on the couch trying to steady my breathing. A even sharper pain hit me and it took every cell in my body not to scream.

"Sky, how are you feeling?" Sam spoke, a worried Jodie following behind her. The came to where I was on the couch and kneeled down near me.

"T-the pain, it's intense and I didn't think it would hurt this much and- fuck!" I yelled as another pain hit me harder than ever. But this time, I felt something warm trickle down my pants.

"I-I think my water broke," I told her as I stood up. Expecting clear liquid, I was surprised when I saw the complete opposite.

Blood

"Shit," Sam spoke once she saw the blood too. She yelled out for Jodie to start the car as my mind and body froze at the thought of something happening to my baby.

A few more fearful and painful moments later, we were in the car zooming off to the hospital. As Sam yelled at me to control my breathing, I shakily took out my phone from my pocket. My vision was starting to blur and no matter how fast Jodie drove to the hospital, I knew I would pass out.

"Sam," I spoke, handing her the phone that was open to the contacts list.

"Please call them for me and- ahh- don't call him." I told her as I placed my head on the seat, trying to lay down. The pain was beginning to become unbearable to the point where I couldn't stay conscious anymore.

"No, you will do that when you have this baby. Now Sky, talk to me." She commanded by I was too far out. The last thing I heard was shouting before I blacked out.

Flashes of movement came in my field of vision before everything stopped. Opening my eyes, a woman soothed me and told me everything would be alright when I freaked out.

Nothing made sense anymore as she placed a gas mask over me and everything once again went dark.

|||||||

Won't be updating much until the middle/end of June, mainly because I'm finishing my exams!

Ily guys 💓💓