Ch. 59

/Jamie/

"Chris get your ass up now!" Our 'father' yelled, as he swung the door open. Light filled into the room, causing us to shield our eyes.

"I'm up dad," Chris exclaimed, as he steadily rose to his feet. The evil bastard snickered, before dropping some bread and water in front of the three of us.

The three of us quickly (despite how weak we were) sat up and reached as far as we could to get some food. Bread seemed delicious right now.

We each grabbed a small slice of bread and ate it.

The bread didn't look like it was the most fanciest food, but it was like heaven to me.

"I'll be back for you soon, don't worry," Chris whispered, as he left the room and the door shut again. We heard their footsteps disappear.

I took a small bite of the bread as I moaned in pleasure. It was the best I had for who knows how long. Mason passed around the water as we each took small sips from it.

"Wait guys, don't eat everything! We need to save it for later!" Sky whispered, as we nodded our heads. I broke off a small chunk of bread to have now.

Before I ate it, the coughing came back again. This time, the cough's were harder, more violent than before. I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent the germs from spreading everywhere.

I continued to let out violent coughs, causing my siblings to look at me. I felt my lungs be deprived of air, as I tried to breath.

It didn't help.

Please, stop hurting me. I'm very weak, and I don't know how much longer I have. Just because we might be escaping tonight, doesn't mean it will work.

To my surprise, my coughing stopped.

The last time I coughed, I felt a liquid substance on my hand. I looked at it and saw a dark, bloody shade of red on my hand. I felt the blood on my mouth trickle down, as a small drop splattered to the floor.

"Jamie, are you alright?" Mason quietly asked me. His voice sounded more raspier, even though he drank water. The conditions we were in were terrible.

I nodded my head, but in reality, I was feeling like shit.

----

We waited in the darkness, for hours. It's not like we were afraid of it anymore, it wouldn't go away. No matter how much we wanted this nightmare to end.

Then at once, someone opened the door.

Chris.

"Hurry, we need to go!" He whispered, as he helped us to our feet.

One step closer to home.

|||||||

THE ESCAPE IS HAPPENING!

Lmao sorry for being so inactive on my wattpad account. Exams and school suck, but I'm back now, so that's good!

Peace out everyone!